Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart closed my account.

tag
Jesusgirl70
Established Member

Walmart closed my account.

Walmart closed my account for 2 NSF payments.  One in June  and one in October.  My fault but I'm still pissed because I've worked really hard just to pull myself out of the dismal 400 zone. My question is will I ever get another account with them after I pay them off?Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart closed my account.

@Jesusgirl70 wrote:

Walmart closed my account for 2 NSF payments.  One in June  and one in October.  My fault but I'm still pissed because I've worked really hard just to pull myself out of the dismal 400 zone. My question is will I ever get another account with them after I pay them off?Smiley Sad

GECRB was never known for blacklisting, and I don't think much has changed now that they have evolved into SyncB.   You should be able to get back in with them down the line, but you'll definitely want to pay off the amounts due.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

GE closed off my PayPal and took my Walmart card down to the balance. I improved my credit score and now they want me back with PayPal and Walmart raised my limit well above where I was at before they lowered it.

Message 3 of 8
taxi818
Super Contributor

That's too bad. But geez. NSF.  I know the major players are unforgiving for that.  Hope all is ok op. 

Message 4 of 8
dskelton1151
Established Member

Same thing happened to me. I got a letter from my bank and they reopened the account within a week and even waived my late fees.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you pay your debt off, you shouldn't have problems getting an account again after your scores go up again.

The bigger problem is probably the lates that occurred from the NSF and how that affected your scores.

And another thing I do for payments is initiate it from my bank side so if there's an NSF, at least Walmart doesn't know about it.

Message 6 of 8
Jesusgirl70
Established Member

I plan on having the debt paid before years end. I also found that paying in store is better for me. I can just call in to verify payment.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me!! I jst got a letter in the mail from Synchrony bank. It was for American Eagle account. Had the card 2 yrs. Late 4 times by 30 days in the 2 years. My account was 0 balance but they decided to close it.  They had my score listed as 589 and it dropped it by 40 pts after they closed the account. Can I do anything?? I can give me info if needed. I use Credit Karma to check.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.