Did you mean: 

Walmart fico vs my fico

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Walmart fico vs my fico

The other day I was wondering which is which. So in Aug 7th

1 week ago today. 

I order my fico score here. It said score was 669 as of August 7th. 

Today I get my score from Wally. I said score is 648 as of aug 5th. What's going on here? 

There is no way my score jumped 21 points from aug 5th August 7 th.   Util about 15 percent. 

3 months ago I went on spree. 9 cards. 1 week. Also vacation util went to 60 percent 

lost over 50 points. Just now recovering. But why difference between Wally and my fico. Hmmmm

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
nikkiheaven
Contributor

Re: Walmart fico vs my fico

So, Walmart is your TU score, and myfico is your Equifax score; unless you paid for all 3 scores or TU score.  I don't find Myfico to be all that accurate, but that's just my experience.

Message 2 of 17
itswink
New Contributor

First of all, the fico from here is the most accurate fico, because it is the REAL fico!

Walmart uses a different model of fico. It is still a fico, just a different model.

There are several different models of fico, some lenders may use older ones some may use newer ones.

Message 3 of 17
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@itswink wrote:

First of all, the fico from here is the most accurate fico, because it is the REAL fico!

Walmart uses a different model of fico. It is still a fico, just a different model.

There are several different models of fico, some lenders may use older ones some may use newer ones.

I really (!) don't mean to make fun of that statement, but there are over 50 "real" Fico score/models - one of the major problems in trying to be everything to everyone is that FICO and the CRA's sell their products to every point in a circle - adapted and as needed.

Message 4 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

No. And yes. I paid for all 3. We are talking tu to tu.  Not to ex or eq. 

Message 5 of 17
Ragelog
Established Contributor

At that point the myfico model used for Transunion is different than the fico model used by Walmart I believe. They are both technically fico scores but will only match what a lender pulls if they request from Transunion and use the model that myfico.com or Walmart uses. Think of models as different versions of windows they are windows but all slightly up to extremely different if you use a older version.

In the end score like these are just tools to get a general idea of where you are credit wise. Lenders have the option to pull whichever credit bureau they want and can request industry specific scoring models that aren't sold to the public it's at best a very educated guess and almost never an exact science. Unless you know the model you have as well as know the bureau and model the lender pulls from match.

Maybe this is helpful maybe not.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Last negative item should fall off in July 2017.
Message 6 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Hello all. Op here. I think you guys missing the point. Both models. Are supposedly fico 08. So should not be any difference. That's what I'm trying to find out. Why if both running same version.
Message 7 of 17
Ragelog
Established Contributor

If the same model and bureau then were they pulled the same day? As that could result in a difference as well a new statement posting even the next day that changes your utilization or something ageing off that was positive etc could have this effect. 

Nevermind I see 2 different dates 8/5 & 8/7. That has to be the difference something posted or fell off (a negative or postive, inquiry maybe hit the 1 year mark, new account posted, new statement etc) is my guess.

EQ04 675, EQ08 676, EX08 719, TU08 703 $12704.75/$123050 Revolving Credit (All 0% or 1.99%) - In Garden Since 5/25/2016

Message 8 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

Rage log wrote:Nevermind I see 2 different dates 8/5 & 8/7. That has to be the difference something posted or fell off (a negative or postive, inquiry maybe hit the 1 year mark, new account posted, new statement etc) is my guess.

no sir. No states. No changes. Period. No inquiries fell off nothing. I printed report. No utilization change. Justgotwalmart score today. Says as of August 5th. Fico posted here August 7th. No change in report. This is unreal. Ok. I will just ignore walmart then. Noticed few months ago. They said my score. 628. However. Citi said score 658. After denial of Sears card. Hmmm

Message 9 of 17
Ragelog
Established Contributor

The catch is since we don't have the exact formula it could be something less easy to quantify. I would go with using the myfico.com TU score. What service are you using to get the TU Fico on myfico.com as scorewatch only provides EQ. So you bought a TU Fico score on 8/7?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.