Starting Score: 563
Current Score: 694
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 49
tirado126
Contributor

Re: Walmart instant denial :(

do you have any other credit cards? One of the reasons I got in my "7-10 days" response was "too little revolving accounts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score: EQ 542, TU 503, EX 580 (all lender pulled 06/07/11)
Current Score: EQ 649, TU 722, EX 654 (pulled Dec 2013)
Goal Score: 700 club for all 3 agencies!

CapOne$750/FP$400/Matrix$300/VS$500/Walmart$500/BestBuy$1K/KayJeweler$2K (last app 12/16/13)
Message 32 of 49
kdcka1

That might be the issue. I only have on card - Cap One with a measly $200 limit. I guess I should take the VS card if I can get the pop up again.

Message 33 of 49
upwithfico
Established Member

@new_earth wrote:

I never get approved for Walmart either, or ANY card by GECRB. They hate me Smiley Sad I do need to improve a few things on my reports but it's frustrating.

Comenity cards were my savior, along with FP, Macy's & Bloomingdales.

So, today I got my denial "email" from Walmart and the reasons make total sense. I think its important to distinguish between what appear to be good credit scores and reasons for denial, since these companies calculate their own credit scores based on information in the credit report.

The score they calculated is much lower than the FICO, and I think that's an important fact.

Starting Score '14: 638
Current Score '14: 651
Goal Score '14: 700

Gardening...

Message 34 of 49
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@upwithfico wrote:

@new_earth wrote:

I never get approved for Walmart either, or ANY card by GECRB. They hate me Smiley Sad I do need to improve a few things on my reports but it's frustrating.

So, today I got my denial "email" from Walmart and the reasons make total sense. I think its important to distinguish between what appear to be good credit scores and reasons for denial, since these companies calculate their own credit scores based on information in the credit report.

The score they calculated is much lower than the FICO, and I think that's an important fact.

But the score they calculated will always be a much lower score.  Look at the ranges on them. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 35 of 49
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

@upwithfico wrote:

@new_earth wrote:

So far with my apps to any GE backed card my actual score didn't matter, it's the fact I have 2 collections and a judgement. I also had ZERO open revolving CC's until this past month. Just an auto loan with perfect payment history for a year so far. Even with other apps it's for certain reasons, it seems scores a lot of times mean nothing. I have seen people with lower scores than me get approved for things I can't get.

Message 36 of 49
kdcka1

@upwithfico wrote:

@new_earth wrote:

I never get approved for Walmart either, or ANY card by GECRB. They hate me :smileysad: I do need to improve a few things on my reports but it's frustrating.

But the score they calculated will always be a much lower score.  Look at the ranges on them.

***  I noticed in another Walmart forum that people were getting letters with scores 200 points lower than their FICO.  If that is the case - they could have my score as low as 481 - though  I have never been that low.  Well, thank you for the information. Sorry that you and I are in the same boat.  When I get my email or letter - I will update with the reasons for the denial.

Message 37 of 49
kdcka1

Thanks - I guess that is the issue, I have a paid collection 2 years 6 months old, paid CO 5 years old and only one revolving account with a low limit. 

Message 38 of 49
prince1969
New Contributor

I was denied the first time. I reapplied 3 months later and was approved. Later on when my FICO score had improved, I applied for the Discover card and was denied. Called a backdoor # and was denied again but they gave me another Walmart card that I didn't ask for. I noticed when I log in to my acct that another one was showing up. I called and asked can you have 2 accounts and they said it wasn't a problem. They wouldn't just increase the credit limit of the first card by the same amount so I kept the second card. Hopefully, one of them will be converted to a Discover card soon and I will keep the other as a Walmart card.

4/13 Equifax 679 (Scorewatch), TU 695 (myfico), 703 (Walmart)

6/14 Experian 733 (myfico), Equifax 687 (Scorewatch), TU 693 (Walmart)
Message 39 of 49
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My wife wanted me to open up a VS card and like a idiot I did. Now I have 3 dressers in our bedroom!!!:smileymad: go figure!!

Sheesh, My husband would be THRILLED I was buying pretty stuff instead of granny panties.

Message 40 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.