Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart loves me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart loves me!

Congrats Norman. I tried getting a CLI increase through chat last night. I asked for $5k and was denied with no counter. Bummer.
Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats Norman. I tried getting a CLI increase through chat last night. I asked for $5k and was denied with no counter. Bummer.

Sorry about the denial.  Once you get your score to over 640, then you will probably get your CLI.  I've noticed that Synchrony Bank tends to have certain scores that they want you to have on certain cards before they give you increases.  Right now, I stagnant because the next hurdle for me is 700, then they will more than likely give me another increase.  When my score was around 640-650 TU I got Amazon and Walmart up to $3.5K.  670 TU and they went to $6K.  Nothing since then and I'm at 680 right now, so I figure 700 is the next level I need to achieve. 

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Logged into my Walmart Card account this morning to schedule a payment and just noticed they have raised my limit from $500 to $1200! When I got the card back in November, I called in and asked if they would increase it to $1500, to match my other cards and they refused. Now a CLI without even asking.... Sweeeet.

CONGRATS!

when you get over a 650 call in and ask for 3500. When my score reached the 661 I called the backdoor number. NOT the number on the card and asked for a CLI. I got my card in novemeber it was 500, called when i seen my scores go to 661 and asked for 3500. they said yes! I did the same with amazon, recieved the car in november for 800, called a couple days ago and asked for 4000. they said yes!

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Logged into my Walmart Card account this morning to schedule a payment and just noticed they have raised my limit from $500 to $1200! When I got the card back in November, I called in and asked if they would increase it to $1500, to match my other cards and they refused. Now a CLI without even asking.... Sweeeet.

CONGRATS!

when you get over a 650 call in and ask for 3500. When my score reached the 661 I called the backdoor number. NOT the number on the card and asked for a CLI. I got my card in novemeber it was 500, called when i seen my scores go to 661 and asked for 3500. they said yes! I did the same with amazon, recieved the car in november for 800, called a couple days ago and asked for 4000. they said yes!

Thank you very much for the advice Harley, and the PM! I just got off the phone with them, asked for $3K and got it! I probably could have got $3500, but $3K is plenty for now. In a few more months some more derogs should age past 2 years, and I should see more score bumps, and I'll see if they will kick it up to $6-7k. This should drop my UTI to below 30% overall when it reports on the 18th, giving me a few more points. Maybe EQ will finally stay in the orange (590), instead of just teasing me...

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

Thank you very much for the advice Harley, and the PM! I just got off the phone with them, asked for $3K and got it! I probably could have got $3500, but $3K is plenty for now. In a few more months some more derogs should age past 2 years, and I should see more score bumps, and I'll see if they will kick it up to $6-7k. This should drop my UTI to below 30% overall when it reports on the 18th, giving me a few more points. Maybe EQ will finally stay in the orange (590), instead of just teasing me...

Once new balances and limits report around the 20th, I will pull a TU report, and try for a Barclays increase. I'd like to get them up to at least $2K

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Harley14 wrote:

NormanFH wrote:

CONGRATS!

Hey Harley, 
If you dont mind, can you PM me the back door number for walmart...pretty please and thank you 

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@karladicent wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

Hey Harley, 
If you dont mind, can you PM me the back door number for walmart...pretty please and thank you 

karladicent, I sent you a PM about this.

For everyone else here is the info

It's actually Credit Solutions and their number is 877-379-8173.

I called them within a few minutes of my Walmart card approval and asked for 10k and they countered with $3500. Did the same thing for my Amazon acct while I was on the phone with the same gy and got the same thing. My walmart account has already started reporting to all 3B's with the $3500 limit but is was a slow roll out. I mean it showed up on EX & TU a few days ago and just today on EQ (raising my EQ score 9pts, YAY!). My Amazon acct is still reporting the original $800 so I guess it needs a complete billing cycle after the CLI to report the new CL.

They are very easy to talk to and they're in India or somewhere so I don't have to worry about running into them in the store next week if it's a no, HA!

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm slow clapping at work in Norman's honor.

WORK IT NORMAN!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 30
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Good Job Norman, and to all with the good advice !  Congrats  Smiley Wink

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@karladicent wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS!

Hey Harley, 

karladicent, I sent you a PM about this.

For everyone else here is the info

It's actually Credit Solutions and their number is 877-379-8173.

I called them within a few minutes of my Walmart card approval and asked for 10k and they countered with $3500. Did the same thing for my Amazon acct while I was on the phone with the same gy and got the same thing. My walmart account has already started reporting to all 3B's with the $3500 limit but is was a slow roll out. I mean it showed up on EX & TU a few days ago and just today on EQ (raising my EQ score 9pts, YAY!). My Amazon acct is still reporting the original $800 so I guess it needs a complete billing cycle after the CLI to report the new CL.

They are very easy to talk to and they're in India or somewhere so I don't have to worry about running into them in the store next week if it's a no, HA!

Thats a different number than the one Harley gave me, but same result! Looking at my phone logs, it looks like Harleys number is the one I tried in November right after I got the card. They wouldn't give me anything at that time.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.