Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Walmart

hello all,

I have no store cards at this time.  I was wondering has anyone ever had a walmart card re-opened?  I closed my card account with them four years ago.

I really would like a card and I was denied for a Macy's card a couple months ago.  I only have one active credit card at this time (Hooters).  I have paid off almost everything and am in the process of goodwill letters to my OC accounts as well as the last two CA's which are both paid (Unique National and LVNV) and have recently gotten my 4th no from Unique in the mail the other day.

Any suggestions will be welcomed.  I really do not know what else to do to bring these scores up! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart

You need to clean up your CR,as much as you can before applying for new credit.
Message 2 of 6
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You need to clean up your CR,as much as you can before applying for new credit.

That is the problem.  I have paid off or gotten everything removed.  The only items that are on my report are paid charge offs and paid CA's that refused to delete.  Only positive open account that I have is my Hooters.  I have tried multiple GW letters to no avail.  My AmEx is paid off but they are so slow to report.  I am doing the Oasis program through them so I am assuming that will be awhile before this is completed as far as the new card.  I will call them tomorrow.

Message 3 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Check your pm's for some "unique" info!  Smiley Happy
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is unlikely that GEMB would re-open your four year old walmart card because it's been too long. I'm almost certain that they will advise you to re-apply, which you have already. I suggest applying for a secure card through a local credit union if you must have another card to re-build your credit. Good luck though.
Message 5 of 6
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It is unlikely that GEMB would re-open your four year old walmart card because it's been too long. I'm almost certain that they will advise you to re-apply, which you have already. I suggest applying for a secure card through a local credit union if you must have another card to re-build your credit. Good luck though.

tiffanie,

I have not re-applied to walmart.  I was just asking if its possible.  When I had my walmart card I was never late and PIF monthly. My credit union does not offer secured cards and I am in the process of trying to start a relationship with a new one. 

Thanks for the suggestion anyway. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.