Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want Chase to remove account from CBR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want Chase to remove account from CBR

My daughter (18 now) was an AU on an old Chase CC account of mine in which I added her to it when she was 13 (to use as an emergency CC when she went to Europe with a group of students).  Totally forgot I had done that ~ we discovered that the account was on her CBR, showing adverse of 7 late payments.  I contacted Chase to request she be removed as AU on account as well as removing account from her CBR.  CSR couldn't access account and said my daughter would have to speak to their Credit Reporting Group.  Handed phone to her, she gave them account # and her SSN, and they immediately agreed to to remove the account from her CBR.  She just received the confirmation letter from Chase in the mail today, and it states in bold and in a box:  "We deleted this account from your credit report."  The body of the letter reads:

"... Since the account noted above is no longer in our system, we have requested that Equifax, Experian (TRW), and Trans Union credit bureaus remove the account information from your credit bureau report.  During the interim, you may provide the appropriate party with a copy of this letter as notice of the current status of this account with our bank." 

When I log into Chase online that card no longer appears in my accounts, just another one paid off and closed by me earlier this year.  Both accounts used to appear online. Hmmmm...

So, I am wondering if I should request it be removed from my CBR also - since they supposedly no longer have it in their system?!?!?  This account shows on my CBR:

Date Opened:  05/31/2008

Individual, Revolving, Credit Card Acct

Date Updated: 03/22/2012

Last Payment Made: 12/30/2011

Pay Status:  Current, paid or paying as agreed

Terms:  Paid Monthly

Date Closed: 09/04/2009

Date Paid: 12/30/2011

>Maximum Delinquency of 90 days in 10/2009 for $xxx.xx and in 12/2009 for $xxx.xx<

In the monthly columns, it shows in the remarks CBC, CLO for both 03/2012 (last reported month) and 01/2012. 

It also shows the 7 late payments for: 

11/2011 (x30)

11/2010 (x30)

12/2009,11/2009,10/2009 (x90)

09/2009,08/2009 (x60)

My QUESTIONS:

Should I request the account be removed, and what is the best course to take?  Should I contact Chase directly questioning the validity of the 7 late payments (I remember being late, but no longer have statements to verify those dates or the # of lates since I had signed up for electronic statement notices - which I used to be able to retrieve online, but the account seems to have disapperaerd!  Maybe that's a positive sign in my favor??

I thought that the late payments would continue to report for 7 years, and since the last late payment reported was for 11/2011, I wasn't expecting this to come off my CBR until 11/2018.

Or... should I dispute this with each of the CBR's directly? 

Should I use my daughter's letter from Chase as supporting evidence?  With Chase?  With the CBRs?  The last 4 of the acct # are omitted, but the address on the letter matches mine, as does the portion of the acct # on her letter matches the one on my CBR.  (My daughter has different last name since I'm remarried, so I don't know if that would be an issue with CBR).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  My husband and I are working hard to clean up our CBRs, and this acct showing 7 (OLD, not current) late pays is one I'd like GONE!!!  Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.