Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a future with capitol one c/o debt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want a future with capitol one c/o debt

I have a c/o capital one card that closed sep 2013 with a current balance of 0 original balance of 566. It has since been sold off to PRA. i want to be able to do business with capital one again in the future. I am doing a dv through trans union and eventually probably try a PFD once it comes back. My main question is what should i do to ensure the possibility of doing business with capital one again.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want a future with capitol one c/o debt

Portfolio will never do a PFD...You may be able to apply now. Cap1 is very forgiving after 1 year after charge off.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently am in the process of cleaning up my credit now. Was denied a secured capitol one card with them which is why i thought maybe i was blacklisted. Dicover gave me a secured card and im thinking of just going after a BOA secured so i will have 2. That stings that PRC will not do a PFD. Would you even recommend paying it then guys the PRC of 896 since it does not help my score

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you still within SOL?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes until august 16 when it is 3 years from first derog

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's really a decision that you have to make for yourself. Going through the building process myself, I always made the decision to pay any and all debt that I created. At least everything that was within SOL and credit reporting.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much for the help

Message 7 of 9
dave36021
Regular Contributor

They are very forgiving I had 4 accounts charged off totaling over 6k. I currently have two cards with them a little over a year. Both started at 500 and have grown one is at 2k and the other 2.5. I first got the platinum then a few months later a QS one. Just last week I was able to convert the platinum to a QS1 and a lower APR for 7 months. So you will be able to work with them again. Good luck !!!

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

good to hear, was denied the secured for some odd reason but after using the secured cards from discover and hopefully BoA for a little while ill try again.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.