cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to PIF Capital One, but they are "not actively collecting".

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to PIF Capital One, but they are "not actively collecting".

I have a debt that Capital One ones that had a CA servicing the debt.   I just called the CA to pay, and they sent me back to Capital One Recovery Dept.

Capital One Recovery Dept. says that they are no longer "actively collecting" on the debt and I can mail in a "voluntary" payment, but it will likely be forwarded to a CA that will purchase the debt.

They say that they haven't sold the debt yet, but yet they won't even take over the phone payments to settle the debt in Full.  

I just want to stop this process and have them take the payment.  I really want to avoid a CA on my report as I have worked hard this year paying other debts off.

Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to PIF Capital One, but they are "not actively collecting".

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a debt that Capital One ones that had a CA servicing the debt.   I just called the CA to pay, and they sent me back to Capital One Recovery Dept.

Capital One Recovery Dept. says that they are no longer "actively collecting" on the debt and I can mail in a "voluntary" payment, but it will likely be forwarded to a CA that will purchase the debt.

They say that they haven't sold the debt yet, but yet they won't even take over the phone payments to settle the debt in Full.  

I just want to stop this process and have them take the payment.  I really want to avoid a CA on my report as I have worked hard this year paying other debts off.

Any suggestions??

Yeah... You're kinda stuck here. They apparently have already bundled your account into a portfolio of defaulted accounts that they have put on the market and are taking bids on. It would be way complicated to pull that portfolio in order to remove your account so you could pay it off, even though they would benefit greatly from it. Probably legal hurdles in doing that as well, if they have already taken bids on it.

I would just keep in contact with them to find out who they sell it to, so you can contact that CA before they report anything.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would also keep records of their refusal to permit payment.

That would, in my opinion, terminate any continued accrual of interest......

Message 3 of 4
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

PM me if you want the  EO name and number...I just went through this myself...actually got the FCPB involved....CapOne was jumping through hoops to help me!! When FCPB speaks, they listen Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.