Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to buy a house

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to buy a house

@Anonymous wrote:
I am in the rebuilding process due to a nasty divorce. I am in the process of credit repair and dispute methods to get rid of derogatories from my ex and bump my score. I want to buy a house and need to get to 620-650 to qualify. I'm within about 100 points. My prior round of disputing raised my score by about 60 points. My saving grace is that I have a solid car loan under my belt that I am perfect on. I am looking for a decent unsecured CC that will extend to me so that I can diversify my mix. I have decent income and a long, stable employment history. My goal is to be ready to move with an FHA loan by next summer, and I'm already in contact with someone who can get me a mortgage if I can get my score up. Any other advice to make it go up faster?

At this point, don't worry about secured vs unsecured credit cards. They score the same and you're not likely to get approved for anything unsecured until you break 600 anyway. Bite the bullet and get a couple of secured cards, Cap One and a credit union such as SDFCU would be a good place to start.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.