Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to delete a paid charge-off from Victoria Secret Card

tag
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Want to delete a paid charge-off from Victoria Secret Card

Yes it's more clear now.

Unless you can get VS to remove all these negatives early the late payments will drop off at 7 years from each individual date of delinquency. The CO can report for up to 7.5 years from the DoFD which if the DoFD is correct would be a removal date of about 9/2013 at the latest.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 21 of 29
me800
Established Member

I am asking the last question then..

So, there is no way to remove this late payment until 2013?  Smiley Sad

As you know, I tried to send a GW letter to victoria's secret.  Do you think that it is helpful to contact CO too although there is now no report about CO as they deleted about their information when I paid in full.....

thanks a lot... I just feel desperate Smiley Sad

Message 22 of 29
me800
Established Member

If there is anything I can't do but just to wait till 2013, will it be worth to contact a credit repair company?

I googled and it looks like there are several.  Is it legal?  is it affordable?

Message 23 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@me800 wrote:

I am asking the last question then..

So, there is no way to remove this late payment until 2013?  Smiley Sad

As you know, I tried to send a GW letter to victoria's secret.  Do you think that it is helpful to contact CO too although there is now no report about CO as they deleted about their information when I paid in full.....

thanks a lot... I just feel desperate Smiley Sad

You mean the CA Asset Acceptance? No that won't do any good. The charge off from VS is part of your relationship with VS only and the CA has nothing to do with that.

The only thing they had control over was the collection that was sold to them. The negatives with an OC and a CA are 2 separate issues.

Unless future GW's are successful (Don't take a few no's for an answer; keep trying) with VS those lates and the charge off itself will remain until the CRTP (Credit Reporting Time Period) expires.

Message 24 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@me800 wrote:

If there is anything I can't do but just to wait till 2013, will it be worth to contact a credit repair company?

I googled and it looks like there are several.  Is it legal?  is it affordable?

I personally would never consider a credit repair company. They can do nothing for you that you don't have the power to do for yourself. And there are just too many stories here about these companies doing absolutely nothing to help your credit and in fact they can make your credit profile even worse and then make you pay for the carnage which adds insult to injury.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 25 of 29
me800
Established Member

BK,

Thanks for your advice. Yes, I try not to get frustrated by hearing no's and I will keep trying to send GW letters to Victoria's secret to see what they can do.  I guess that's the only thing I can do for now.  

Message 26 of 29
mauve
Valued Contributor

Just a thought.

It looks like there aren't any listed lates.

I'd ask them to update the status to "paid".  That's all I'd ask.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 29
me800
Established Member

Thanks for your advice.

It is now listed as "sold and charged off".  I think in the next GW letter, I will ask them to change as "paid".  But I wonder if they change because they now no longer own my account.  They sold to CA and I paid in full last year Smiley Sad

Message 28 of 29
me800
Established Member

BK,

I wonder if you can answer to my question.

I spoke to World Financial Network National Bank (WFNNB ssues Victoria's Secret Credit Card), and Asset Acceptance (Collection Agency) today by phone.

WFNNB said that they don't have any information about my account as they only have 2-year payment information and what they can see is that they sold my account to Asset Acceptance.  Then I spoke to Asset Acceptance and they suggested that I should contact 3 bureus with a letter stating that I paid in full, so that hopefully 3 of them would remove the negative information.

So, my strategy would be sending two letters to experian, transunion, and equifax: (1) I got from WFNNB saying they don't have any information about my account (2) a letter from Asset Acceptance saying that I paid in full.  

Do you think this would help to get a removal?    I am really desperate now...  Please help.

thanks as always.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.