Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to help DW

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Want to help DW

my DW would like to get her own credit profile kick started. she has no credit profile because she immigrated 2yrs ago. i tried to put her as an au for my cap1 and bbrz cards because i read on here those 2 reported au's. but before she tried to apply for a cc at her cu, i tried to pull all 3 of her annual reports. we were unsuccessful. EQ mailed her report and it was literally blank lol. even her cu told her she had no credit history. this confirmed to me that none of the cards i put her as an au reported. given her not having any credit history, i was thinking of applying for a joint account cc to help her get one. my scores are in the high 600s and EQ is  704. at this point not even worried abt CL...just trying to get a credit history started for her. would this be a good route for us to take to do this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Want to help DW

Those 2 cards should report.  Have you contacted CSR at each company to see what happened?

Does her CU offer a secured card?

Message 2 of 4
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

i havent called them to see if the au on my cards should be reporting...but i will give them a call. when she was denied for a cc at her cu, they told her abt their secured card that they offer. we would actually prefer to have the money in our savings if we could instead of putting it a secured card...and thats why i am wondering how hard it would be to get a joint cc when the other person does not have a credit profile.

Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

She would have to qualify also.

The amount of deposit on a secured CC doesn't need to be much.  Just enough to get one reporting for her.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.