Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to refi auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to refi auto loan

I am new to this board I tried to post this yesterday but it didn't seem to work I will try again.
I will try to keep it short a little over three years ago I was making six figures since then I've been making between 50 to 60 K a year. My house at the time was underwater many months behind in my mortgage sold the house paid the mortgage in full still showing on my report as negative because of late payments. Had a previous vehicle in that same timeframe that went to repo prior to the repo I sold it and paid it in full but that also shows negative because of the missed payments I also have a federal tax lien that was in a repayment plan but still shows on my report as well in addition I am in the process of working out a payment arrangement on student loans which also shows up as negative as I am in default with them.

Two years ago my scores were in the low 500s currently my real Phico Equifax and 627 experian is 618. Not sure about Trans Union. I have been able to get a lot of negatives removed from my credit reports but I still have a few lingering in addition to what I mentioned.
I obtained my current auto loan a little over a year ago through a subprime lender credit acceptance corporation at an exorbitant interest rate it has been paid on time since I have had it. Within the last six months I have also gotten the First Premier card with a $300 credit limit as well as a credit one card with a 300 limit both low balance paid on time. I tried to join digital federal credit union in an attempt to refinance my auto loan but they declined me because of a negative report through chec systems.
I obtain the report it's from an old Bank of America checking account I had that was closed with a balance not sure how I rectify this.

I am looking for suggestions on where I may have a shot at getting approved to refinance my auto loan with my current scores. Also any suggestions to further rehabilitate my credit score.
Any help would be appreciated thank you!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want to refi auto loan

Ughh. Two worst predator lenders out there. You would be much better served opening a couple of secured cards from Capital One, Discover, and/or a CU like SDFCU and kicking the vultures to the curb.

Message 2 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Have you tried capital one's pre-qualification page for car loans? I don't know if that can apply to refinancing your vehicle though. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you underwater on the car loan?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I am not underwater on the car loan it's just that the interest rate is the highest allowable in my state I believe it's 19.99%
I'm trying to refi it to get a better rate not sure what if anything I would qualify for.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just scored refi with NFCU, so happy went from 19.99% to 7.00%. Payment went from $390 to $268 a month!!
Message 6 of 7
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just scored refi with NFCU, so happy went from 19.99% to 7.00%. Payment went from $390 to $268 a month!!

Congratulations! That's awesome! 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.