cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to PFD, but I think I screwed up...

tag
CEOriginal
Contributor

Wanted to PFD, but I think I screwed up...

Hey friends!

It's been at least a year since I've had any accounts go into collections. I though I was smooth sailing and good to garden for awhile, then lo and behold I refresh my credit report on CK, and there's a NEW ACCOUNT LISTED. F!

This was last week before I discovered this forum, and I was freaked out, so I called the CA up and negotiated a PFD over the phone. No written confirmation was exchanged before I paid them. *Face palm* The rep did verbally say they will delete if I pay.

So I've been calling ever since the payment hit my bank account to confirm the deletion, and I've only gotten one rep to say that they haven't received payment yet.. Once they do they will email or fax me a letter that I then have to send to the bureaus to get it deleted.

I thought it was the CAs responsibility (if they are going to delete) to send that info over to the CBs. Is this misinformation? What should I do?

ANY help would be appreciated!

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
lae_lae
Regular Contributor

Re: Wanted to PFD, but I think I screwed up....

I wouldn't do anything yet.  Likely they will not put the PFD in writing for you but what I have read is once you pay, you dispute it with the CB and the CA will not respond to the dispute within the 30 days thus the CB has to delete the trade line.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.