cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanted to share my tears with you as they fall....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanted to share my tears with you as they fall....

After much reading I came to the conclusion that in order to continue my credit rebuilding process I am going to need more than one credit card. I did some research and found a card that I liked that accepted my creditscore, my debt to income and my income in general.

I applied   ---- DENIED. Why you ask?

Collection item in the last two years  

Unsatisfied account 90+ days past due with a balance of $200+ greater than 1 year 

Account(s) 90+ days past due in the last two years 

This is all because stinkin AFNI and NCO reage their stinkin collection over and over and over and it always looks like it happened last month.

I have nothing past due right now and I have had only 1 30day late in the past 4 years.  This makes me SOOOOO Stinkin mad I mean you can't even BELIVE the amount of anger that is boiling in me.

I guess I will go back and apply for another stinkin Orchard Bank card Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wanted to share my tears with you as they fall....

Sorry about that  ..   what do your scores look like  what  sort of card are you  interested in maybe if you  put that out  someone can give you  a good suggestion.  Also check out whogavemecredit.com   that might help
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they pulled my experian and it was 660 but it has those 2 collections that update every month as if they were new and that was the problem.

I tried one more time and got a Capital one with 8.9% interest and a $39 annual fee $1000 CL.

So I am happy for now. This whole credit rebuilding process is just very stressful sometimes.

I like that site you suggested. Thats what I was using to find the cards I applied for. I also applied for a Chase BP Visa tonight, I didn't get instant approval or denial so that probably means they will send me the regular BP card that you can only use at BP. 2 more cards should help me for now.

Message 3 of 5
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

You can usually get the AF waived on Cap1 if you stay current with them. You will have to call within a month or so of the fee date - too far out and they won't do it. Depending on the card you may be able to request something(AF waived, CLI, interest rate adjustment) every six months. They will only do one thing for you every six months though so watch your calendar.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

My advice would be to continue to repair before rebuilding.

Another CC may help your score, but you can get a much better card with better terms if you continue the repair process first.

I began rebuilding too soon and regret it. But, it is what it is. Another year or two and my inquiries will be gone and I can get rid of the bad CC and add some good ones.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.