Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to rebuild credit

tag
Reagin

Wanting to rebuild credit

Hey all, 

Im currently wanting to improve my score while I'm in college. My score is 493 and I am unable to get any line of credit, not even a secured credit line. Unfortunately all the pay off methods are out of my range that I can afford. What would be the best way to increase it within my budget. Also how much do hospital bills effect ones credit?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wanting to rebuild credit

Currently medical collections count the same as any other collections.  There's no distinction between them.  The only way to really raise those scores is to improve what is on your CR.  You say that you have current bills that you are unable to pay?  Maybe give us a little more info and see if we can come up with something.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

+1, unfortunately medical collections are seen the same way as ordinary collections. As stated, can you post what else is on your cr and we can get a better insight!!!

Message 3 of 4
Reagin

Not including medical I know I have 2 cell phone bills, couple banks, a loan, and student loans that were way past due. I had those consolidated but the past loans are still showing up delinquent on the nslds website. I tried to get my credit report but I can't remember my exact addresses for me to verify it. I received my score cause I tried to open a bank acct closer to me. I honestly don't know where to start. I just know I would like to try and get everything straight before I graduate so that way I can actually do stuff. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.