Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was so close and now my last baddie just screwed me :(

tag
tommy999

Was so close and now my last baddie just screwed me :(

I got a score watch update -42 points

I have paid off/disputed/negotiated EVERY baddie on my CR's except my BK in 2004 and stupid HSBC CC.  They sold it 2 CNS Portfoilo Recovery in march, I even got that off my credit report.  Than just now after not reporting my account since 2009 they just put another Charge off on my account.  So now because it looks so recent it tanked my score.      They also did a Hard Pull inquire on my credit reports in march which I didnt even know they could do as I havent had anything to do with them since 2009.

I'm not sure what to do now,  I really wantd to get my new truck next month.  They seem to be playing hardball should I attempt to negotiate a settlement? as long as they agree to remove hard inquiry and hsbc from my credit reports?

Also I negotiated a few accounts like old medical bills, old electric bill and one small CC over the phone. I never asked for them to put in writting that they agree to take it off my credit reports, I just trusted them when they said it on the phone.... But each one has done exactly as they said.  But if I do decide to pay it off I prob should have these guys put it in writting? Since they seam like a shady bunch

My credit limit on this crap card was $700 and they are cominging after me for $1500 (i guess w fees)  I never even got one of those we'll settle your account for $400 or so letters.  They still want the full amount I think  Please help me with any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Was so close and now my last baddie just screwed me :(

Is yur issue their delay in reporting, or do you have a substantive issue with the debt itself or the accuracy of their reporting?

Provided their reporting is accurate, the FCRA does not impose time restrictions on when it must be reported.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.