Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this a good or bad thing?

tag
Ally_j135
Valued Member

Was this a good or bad thing?

I sent a GW letter to Providian (now washington mutual) saying that I has an old acct and it had 1 60 day late and 2 (30) day lates from 2002 and 2003...I know removing them wouldnt count as much but I wanted the lates  off.  I closed the acct  and paid it in full in 2004.  I got a respnse today saying they cant verify the acct and there removing it entirely off my CR.  Now, the acct is my 2nd oldest acct ...it was opened in 09/2001.  However, I have a acct from 01/2001 and it is now a chargeoff (my only one) and appears on my credit report (it was paid in full in 12/2006).  My question is will this removal affect my score negativly even though the charge off is still there to show I have a history of credit from 2001.  Also I have a student loan (installment) from 2000.

Also, if not negativly then will I see an increase? or is the acct to old to even show that? 

Thanks for responding in advance!!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Was this a good or bad thing?

Depends on the gap between you accounts...after this account...when was your next account opened???...

I got a collection removed from my reports a week ago...it was my second to oldest account...and I lost about 18 pts on EX...maybe that was because...the next time I opened an account was 3 years later...so it hurt my average age...but I'm willing to sacrifice that...for a baddie...

But in your case....I think you should want to keep it...it was not a CO...or anything...so I would explain to them....you just want the negative notations deleted...no the entire TL...the lates were so long ago...so they aren't hurting that much...but you need that history...
Message 2 of 4
Ally_j135
Valued Member

Are installment accts included in your average age of accts?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Installment accounts are included.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.