cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this in response to GW or DV? Next step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this in response to GW or DV? Next step?

Hello,

On 26 August I mailed out a GW requesting deletion, on 1 September I initiated online verification through Experian's site. On 4 September I received a letter from the CA stating "Please accept this letter of confirmation that the above-referenced obligation was settled on 11/24/09 by your payment of $153.75. Thus, you are not obligated to make any additional payments on this account."

My August CR stated "X" Potentially Negative Closed and the accounts timeline for 3 years up to March 2010. My September CR states "Check Mark" Current Closed and blank timeline up to April 2010 with a "KD" in that box only. Also says "Account in dispute-reported by subscriber".

Question is did I screw myself by doing a DV after a GW? Was the CA taking it off my CR or is this standard for a DV?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Was this in response to GW or DV? Next step?

I would keep sending GW letters to the CA. Asking if they would kindly delete this Paid collection.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.