Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was this wrong? Just settled

tag
ALD22
New Contributor

Was this wrong? Just settled

Well, after my failed PFD attempts to Verizon they sent my account to Diversified Consultants. They have been calling non stop for about a week now. I finally had enough and answered today. They said i owed $920, Verizon only reported $754 last month. So I asked them to settle for 550, they accepted 578. Is this going to hit my credit report? Should I start sending to GWs to verizon to get them removed from my report? I wanted to just be done with it because they have been calling my work and my parents house.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Re: Was this wrong? Just settled

I hate to say this but you should have PFD they can report on your file settled for less than owed.  Try GWing now hope you have luck. Did they harrass your work place

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 2 of 9
ALD22
New Contributor

I don't know if I could have PFD'd for the CA. They haven't reported anything yet. They have called my work, but I work for the state and they had the number for another department. I just got an email saying they have been calling there. I just want the calls to stop, my parents are getting pissed.

Message 3 of 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

OP is right. It's hard to GW something that isn't there. While they can possibly report it, OP is going to have to wait and see.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It is standard for consumers to request a modified type of PFD, which is obtain agreement NOT to report in exchange for payment.

Message 5 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hopefully since they received payment and are done, they won't bother with reporting.  I would GW verizon now if they are reporting.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 6 of 9
ALD22
New Contributor

Shogun- Thats what I am hoping, they got their money and just wont bother to report it. I will still try to GW verizon to see if they will remove. What are the chances since they did send it to collections?  

Message 7 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Verizon can be a tough one, but I've seen plenty of people GW them off.  It may take a few times but worth the effort.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Hopefully since they received payment and are done, they won't bother with reporting.  I would GW verizon now if they are reporting.

This.  Fingers crossed, more paper work = more expense, CAs care about the bottom line so hopefully they won't make the extra effort.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.