cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washington SOL question (3? 6?)

tag
pnwcub

Washington SOL question (3? 6?)

Various sites (and threads here) have listed the WA SOL as 3 years for credit card debt. 

According to the Attorney General in WA, credit card debt is considered a written contract, and subject to the 6 year SOL.  I've also read the RCW thoroughly, and it doesn't say "credit card" debt, just merely mentions "written contracts" but I believe there was a case that set credit cards = written contract.   The definition has not made it's way to the Revised Code of WA yet. 

My question is, has anyone here been successful in dealing with a CA inside of the 6 and outside of the 3 years?  I REALLY want to deal with my bad debt, but I don't want to wake the sleeping giant.   I can't PIF, but could definitely come up with payment plans on most of my CC debt (about 11k, figured I'd negotiate some settlements of about 50 - 60%).    I'm caught in a weird place, where I want to settle my debt, but cant PIF, but I'm not sure if I'm inside or outside of the SOL, and really don't want to get sued.   DOFD on accounts are around Dec 2010. 

Thank you guys for so much help!   I can't wait to start rebuilding, I just hope it's not two years from now.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
polno1234
Contributor

Re: Washington SOL question (3? 6?)

consult an attorney in your state they should be able to tell you the sol. as far as success from a legal standpoint inside the sol i would surmise that you dont have much negotiating power. you could get a few secured cards now and save money for a down payment. that way you are building credit and if they do happen to come and try to sue you atleast have something to offer. best solution since it is your debt is to call them and work a payment plan to pif and get the secured cards to build credit. learn from mistakes. i never charge more than i have in the bank. i can always pay them all off if i lost my job tmw. live that way and you will never have any problems with credit cardsSmiley Happy getter done and best of luck

Current MERRICK SECURED-$200 EMBLEM MC-$250 EXPRESS NEXT-$350
In the garden till 10/9/14
Fico 8 start 02/15/13 488
Current TU Fico 8 641, EX 734 EQ 740
Goal 650 by 02/15/15
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.