Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wasted credit...

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Wasted credit...

I was just on here the other day, excited about getting my Barclay Apple Card recon approval.

Today my computer guy from work said he can fix my old laptop, for about $40.

I no longer have a need for the $2000 macbook I was planning on purchasing. I'm not going to buy just to buy, ya know? Might go for the iPad 3 in a few months when that drops but thats about it.

On the website it shows that this is just another VISA with special financing for Apple. If I'm not making a big purchase at apple in the first 30 days are they just going to shut me down? I've seen some things on the boards about them closing accounts and CLD. I can use the card for my monthly auto stuff like netflix to keep some activity on it but I'm not going to use the CL anytime soon.

If they do close me, do you think its possible to get them to delete the tradeline?

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Guava
Established Contributor

Re: Wasted credit...

They won't close you, don't worry. The CL decrease and closure you read about is mostly about excessive app'ing and new accounts show up after you were approved for Barclays card, try to void that and you'll be fine. 

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Wasted credit...

No they will not shut you down for not purchasing an apple product. This is a ViSA card so use it wherever and whenever you need. The 0% interest is great but if you choose not to take advantage of it they won't take AA.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.