cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watch your fine print in regards to College...

tag
sphinx313
Established Contributor

Watch your fine print in regards to College...

I received a letter on Saturday from Allied Collection Service in Indiana, the SAME Allied that is after me for $1700 from Ivy Tech. I have every intention of paying the money I owe, no problem. This letter says I owe them another $883 on a different account with Ivy Tech. It was Saturday, so I called them this morning and spoke to a real nice woman about the situation. These monsters are charging me $883 for the SECOND SEMESTER that I never attended/registered classes for, but because of my student loans and "signing up" for both semesters, they're charging me. 

I could not afford to have this show up on my credit report as yet another collection...it would ruin immediately any ground I have made in the passed year. She said I had until 01DEC12 to pay the $883 in full or it will get reported. I paid her $300 today and will pay the rest on Friday. I'm hoping this is the last "ghost" lurking around to strike me as I attempt to rebuild my credit. I had no idea this was coming and it set me back a month on my quest to lower my utility and save for PFD's but I feel it had to be done. That hit to my credit was probably worth the $883. :/

Starting Score: EQ: 383 2/2011
Current Score: TU: 644 EQ: 648 EX: 6?? 2/2015
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.