Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to many hard inquiries.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to many hard inquiries.

Hello all like the title says roughly i have 19 hard inquires on my account which is pretty much due to me being 21 and dumb and not realizing what kinda damage it can due. I have two loans totaling roughly 23k both have co-signers and my longest one was started June 2016. Now my questions are 1. Id really like a credit card that I can use for daily purchases to build my credit a little bit more as it roughly according to credit karma sits at 640 but im worried all of my hard inquires will prevent me from being able to do that.
2. Is there anyway other than just letting them sit there to get the inquires off of my account?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Way to many hard inquiries.

Time is all.
Message 2 of 4
thornback
Senior Contributor

Are all 19 inquiries from your 2016 loans? If so, it's been almost two years and they'll drop off in June.

FICO only scores your inquiries for the first year, though they remain on your reports for two. Also, if the inquiries were of the same type (ie. Mortgage or auto loan) and made within - I believe it's either 30 or 45 days - of each other, then FICO counts them as a single inquiry.

These inquiries are coded differently, so if they're not from applying for credit cards, they may not affect your chances for approval -- you can always recon a denial if the reason is too many inquiries and they are not credit card seeking related.

The Vantage model (Credit Karma) scores the differently, penalizing you for the entire 2 years.

You should check your FICO scores. Vantage scores are somewhat useless as the majority of lenders use FICO.
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, they aren't its spread out over the past year and a half or so the most recent one being last year around August. A few are a few different credit cards and a couple is for phone companies checking for phone contracts and payment plans. Then most are for auto loans because I for whatever reason felt the need to try and buy most cars I came across that I thought were good deals lol. I would say roughly its about half and half from 2016 to 2017. I will check those though because the only checking I've ever done was on credit karma.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.