Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to push updates?

tag
smackmaster2
Valued Member

Way to push updates?

Trying to clean up DW's score to apply for mortgage and just paid off an Eddie Bauer card from a roughly 85% util to $0. I called them to see if they could push an update to the 3 CRAs, but they said no, i would have to wait until statement. I know they have the ability to do it, that's what is frustrating.

What other options do I have other than waiting it out? I have heard of a rapid rescore, but is that a cost prohibitive solution? Who has the ability to do those?

Should I talk to some other dept than customer service for Eddie Bauer?

Start 6/16 EX 582 TU 578 EQ 554
Current 8/5 EX 700 TU 711 EQ 651
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: Way to push updates?

Your LO can do a RR but it will cost you 30 bucks per tradeline per credit bureau - though LO's aren't allowed to charge you, but I'm sure some do.

I was googling Rapid Rescore a while ago and I found a website that says they CAN do RR's for people without having to go through the Lender.  You should google and see.

Another thing you can do, but risky, is dispute the account balance.  It might work quickly or it might take longer than waiting, also you risk a dispute comment. No good if you are wanting a mortgage.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 3
smackmaster2
Valued Member

Re: Way to push updates?

thanks Booner

Start 6/16 EX 582 TU 578 EQ 554
Current 8/5 EX 700 TU 711 EQ 651
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.