Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways i can improve my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ways i can improve my score

The question is will this raise my score? 

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

A handful of points?  Probably.

67 points?  Nope.

Elimination of your last derog will boost you noticeably.

After that, nothing but age on the accounts and continual clean payment history will add points - both of these just takes time.

Avoiding applying (allowing current inquiries to die off and not be replaced with new ones), continuing low utilization, and growing credit limits on the accounts you already have will each help a little, too.  But the major increase you seem to be hoping for is going to take time above all else.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You received some good advice in this thread! For myself, I rotate the cards regularly for use so they show active/paid/zero and as has been stated, leave a little balance every month on one card so the scoring model is happy. Also, oldest account and AAoA plays into it which is all about time.
Message 13 of 20
pmarti8
Valued Member

You do not get dinged for having all your cards reporting a small balance. You will get dinged if one card is over 30% utilization or your overall usage for all cards is over 30%. 

Starting Score: 07/2010 TU 541 EQ 593 Exp 529
Current Score:TU 654 EQ 644 EX 594 br>Goal Score:ALL 660 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using and paying your cards, FICO knows this, even if the balance is zero on the statement date.   If you pull you actual reports from the CRA's you can see details.   

OP, you are doing great.  3 revolvers, responsible payments, and an installment loan.   Just sit back and keep using/paying, your scores will climb.

Message 15 of 20
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Message 16 of 20
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

You should only have a total utilization of 9% or lower, 30% is way too high and you credit score will take a big hit.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can get CLI's on your current revolvers via SP's, that's a free way to possibly increase your score some.  You also mentioned that you have mostly clean report.  You could try to GW lates, judgments, or collections.  Or if they are going to fall off your report soon, try to EE with the CRA.  Depending on the type of negative, it can make a big score difference.  For instance, getting an EE on a collection account boosted my score by about 50 points.  Other than those, you have to play the waiting game and let your accounts age.  I'm now stuck on this last one.  TBH, it sucks, but no one gets to 800+ overnight.  After all, we are playing the long game right? Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the EE how soon 6 months? more? I also have one that i cant get incontact with anyone from the OC or from the CA but its 6 1/2 years old maybe thats perfect for EE?

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

For the EE how soon 6 months? more? I also have one that i cant get incontact with anyone from the OC or from the CA but its 6 1/2 years old maybe thats perfect for EE?

EE rules differ depending on the CRA.  If you search for EE and the CRA in question on this board, I'm sure you will find what the rule is.  I know EQ is the worst (as I have one due to fall off in January that they refuse to remove for now,) and TU and EX are much easier (as they removed the one due to fall off in January already when I asked them via phone for an EE.)  Good luck and hoping it's not EQ!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.