Did you mean: 

Ways to gather contacts and get organized - read on

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ways to gather contacts and get organized - read on

Here are some tips that might work   

1. Get an smartfax account(google it) or get a fax machine 

2. For fax numbers/mailing address for key people try do a search in google for http://investing.businessweek.com name of company  

then go to people tab.

3. send letters through planetfeedback or BBB.

4. Create an spreadsheet with contacts, email, snail mail or fax, date contacted.

5. Get an scanner to get things organized. Scan responces received, letters sent , etc 

I just started last month to do this and it seems to really help. 

I wanna to share this with the community in a way to give back for the help received.

Let me know if this was helpful.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Ways to gather contacts and get organized - read on

Great stuff, thanks

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 3
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Ways to gather contacts and get organized - read on

@Anonymous wrote:

Here are some tips that might work   

1. Get an smartfax account(google it) or get a fax machine 

2. For fax numbers/mailing address for key people try do a search in google for http://investing.businessweek.com name of company  

then go to people tab.

3. send letters through planetfeedback or BBB.

4. Create an spreadsheet with contacts, email, snail mail or fax, date contacted.

5. Get an scanner to get things organized. Scan responces received, letters sent , etc 

I just started last month to do this and it seems to really help. 

I wanna to share this with the community in a way to give back for the help received.

Let me know if this was helpful.

If I can be of any help, let me know.

Most of these suggestions have a well-documented past within this community, but it is always a good reminder when people post their tactics and methods. Thanks for sharing.

There are a few other great resources I use that cannot be linked on here because it goes against this sites TOS; LinkedIn has been a good resource for me as well; even Facebook can yield some results for GW contacts, just be creative.

In addition to your suggestions, I have a few to add that helped me:

1. Get a document scanner. I have an all-in-one printer, but a legit document scanner saved me time.
  2. Get a dedicated hard drive or jump drive for documents, and make backups. I scan EVERY single document and envelop I receive in the mail regarding credit repair, and I scanned every payment receipt, ect ect. I also arranged them all by creditor in folders.
  3. Get a filing cabinet to store the originals.
  4. Learn and READ before you tackle anything

Time, effort, patience, and persistence. Those are the real keys to success!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.