Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to pay off or transfer Bill Me Later

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ways to pay off or transfer Bill Me Later

Has anyone ever had an experience with transfering a Bill Me Later (BML) balance? I recently used it to make a $5900 purchuse with no interest for 6 months. My intent was to pay it down half way in the first 6 months and then transfer it to a new credit card I could open up with 0 % percent transfer for the first 6 to 15 months, what ever I could get. It seems thats you can't pay with a credit card on the BML site, only a bank account. So I don't know if you could do a traditional balance transfer. I've also heard of people opening cards that don't have a cash advance fee but then paying interest on it, which is lower than BML. I don't have have cards that don't have a cash advance fee, and the APR on them for a cash advance is almost as high as BML.

I'm going to see if I can get a credit card thru my bank. I've seen some banks allow you to transfer money to your checking account from a credit card (if you have both accounts with them) for a fee but then there's no interest for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm looking to pay this down by spreading the payments out over time with no interests. No looking to building credit but wouldn't mind if I can.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.