Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need help!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We need help!!

My brother and I have been working on his credit since october! He finally got to ~650 across the board and a collection hit. the DOFD is from 12/2013, but it went into collection and says the DOFD is 04/2016... Is that correct? Even w/ a collection agency the date of first delinquency should be the same shouldn't it? I was going to dispute it for the date, but thought I should consult with you all first!!! TIA

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AutoBot
Established Contributor

Re: We need help!!

The DOFD should be the first month you became delinquent and never brought the account current.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My brother and I have been working on his credit since october! He finally got to ~650 across the board and a collection hit. the DOFD is from 12/2013, but it went into collection and says the DOFD is 04/2016... Is that correct? Even w/ a collection agency the date of first delinquency should be the same shouldn't it? I was going to dispute it for the date, but thought I should consult with you all first!!! TIA

DoFD of the collection should be the same as the OC. BUT - make sure the date you are looking at is actually the reported DoFD and not the CA's "opened" date or something similar. Where are you viewing the report?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we should dispute then, right? 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT, I'll pull his reports and look there.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to either pull his free reports from annualcreditreport.com, or order a report directly from Equifax. Online report sites as a rule strip out the reported DoFD and estimated drop off date, but raw reports directly from Equifax (or from the above site) will show the reported DoFD.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.