Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We only report to EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

We only report to EQ

How can I possibly get TU or EX credit scores to go up when all of my good accounts only report to EQ?   This is so frustrating. I called a few creditors that I noticed are only reporting to EQ to ask if they could report to TU and EX as well, only to be told no... They only report to EQ.

One creditor even told me that when we apply for a mortgage a different report would be pulled and all of my accounts would show up for each...Huh?

No wonder why EQ goes up and TU has been at a stand still for months!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: We only report to EQ

Unfortunately there is nothing that will make them report anything to the CRAs.  Fact is, the only thing required is that only accurate information be reported, but nothing states that anything has to be reported at all. 

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I possibly get TU or EX credit scores to go up when all of my good accounts only report to EQ?   This is so frustrating. I called a few creditors that I noticed are only reporting to EQ to ask if they could report to TU and EX as well, only to be told no... They only report to EQ.

One creditor even told me that when we apply for a mortgage a different report would be pulled and all of my accounts would show up for each...Huh?

When you apply for a mortgage over $150,000 your lender will see your credit file from all 3 CRAs.  This file contains items no longer on your credit report.  It contains any and all information ever reported to the CRAs.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When you apply for a mortgage over $150,000 your lender will see your credit file from all 3 CRAs.  This file contains items no longer on your credit report.  It contains any and all information ever reported to the CRAs.

Even with that, they have to actually file for the inclusive CR, and that just doesn't happen on a regular basis.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. So if I can't get the positive accounts reported, I need to focus on getting the negative accounts removed... And that isn't going so well.

Another question... I have a CC that was issued in Nov but it hasn't reported yet because I didn't use it until mid Dec.  I paid the balance to 0 and my other CC has 7% util. When the new CC reports this month, should I expect to see a drop in scores?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.