Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weak credit score trying to rebuild

tag
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Weak credit score trying to rebuild

How long ago were the lates? If your account has been in good standing for a good year or more(?) then you could try a GW campaign. But, they do not have to remove any ACCURATE information reporting on your cr’s. It is totally a voluntary decision of the OC/CA to grant you a GW deletion. BUT, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try, RIGHT?! GW your butt off!! 👍👍 All they can do it say NO or ignore your GW requests. But, it could fall into the right hands and you get lucky on your first try!!!?? Who knows...😊😊

There are example GW letters and success stories here as well.

Good Luck!👍 keep us posted!!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 11 of 24
Williamscx1
Valued Member

Awesome! Does the same "can't hurt but try" rules apply to writing a letter to remove a charge off account? It's an old credit card with Capital One from 2013 but A)its a charge off and B)it has late payments reported. So those factors are negative on my report as well. Can I do a GW letter for that account as well?

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brooklyn2018, you literally covered everything and I must say, you have gained so much from being on here. It shows in your answers. Yayyyyyyy Smiley Happy 👏👏👏
Message 13 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Has the charge off been PIF(paid I full?)

If so, YES GW and try!

😊

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800

>

I❤️NY
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018wrote:
Has the charge off been PIF(paid I full?)

If so, YES GW and try!

😊

Actually, my husband was able to have a charged off card that was not paid in full deleted from the Credit Reports as a goodwill gesture. It does not have to be PIF to be a goodwill deletion.   A goodwill means that you are asking them to take your situation into consideration and remove the correct information as a goodwill gesture.

Message 15 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@Donna71281

Thank you VERY MUCH for that! Hey, I only know this info from “You’s Guy’s”😉

...and a TREMENDOUS amount of reading!!

You Guy’s have so much knowledge and GREAT ADVICE...and I’m giving you guys a break from repeating and repeating and repeating!! Lol You Guy’s have earned “your wings” so to speak, and now it’s my turn to contribute what I’ve learned from you guy’s!! 👍👍👍

Thanks A MILLION!!!

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 16 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

@720dream

You are absolutely correct!
THAT IS the concept of the GW campaign! Kudos!!👍👍👍

But, as always we don’t want to present false hope, either. So, as the old abbreviation goes...YMMV.

Also, there is a much better chance, as I’ve been led to believe, if PIF....

But, Kudos for sure on your response!! I definitely, need to take that into consideration as I add my response, as every situation is different.

Thanks!! You enlightened my perspective on that topic and I appreciate that!!

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018wrote:
@Anonymous

You are absolutely correct!
THAT IS the concept of the GW campaign! Kudos!!👍👍👍

But, as always we don’t want to present false hope, either. So, as the old abbreviation goes...YMMV.

Also, there is a much better chance, as I’ve been led to believe, if PIF....

But, Kudos for sure on your response!! I definitely, need to take that into consideration as I add my response, as every situation is different.

Thanks!! You enlightened my perspective on that topic and I appreciate that!!

😊

No worries. There's another option called Pay for Deletion that I think you are possibly confusing/combining with goodwill removals of late marks or trade lines. We have had great success with this also. This is when you offer a collection agency (I haven't tried this with the creditor, just the CA) to settle in exchange for a deletion of the Collection. You can totally offer to settle for a percentage of the full amount, but this is where there is absolutely a better response to offering PIF for deletion. 

The GW though, it's more of a pitch-your-story for a nice gesture from them, doesn't necessarily involve paying anything. It can just be removing a 30 day late from a card you still carry a balance on.

Message 18 of 24
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

I wasn’t confused 😉
I was under the impression that you knew that PFD was a no go(to your response) and the other alternative was to PIF and once reporting that reflection then start a GW immediately, there after. Sometimes, we get ahead of ourselves and sometimes we answer with different views and/or opinions...but, that’s what it all about getting views and opinions, to help others and ourselves move forward and be successful!

Kudos for the explanation!👍 We’ll all benefit from it.

Thanks!

😊

>

I❤️NY
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brooklyn2018wrote:
I wasn’t confused 😉
I was under the impression that you knew that PFD was a no go(to your response) and the other alternative was to PIF and once reporting that reflection then start a GW immediately, there after. Sometimes, we get ahead of ourselves and sometimes we answer with different views and/or opinions...but, that’s what it all about getting views and opinions, to help others and ourselves move forward and be successful!

Kudos for the explanation!👍 We’ll all benefit from it.

Thanks!

😊

Thank you! I am not basing this on opinion, but rather on what my actual experience has been with cleaning up both mine and my husband's credit reports... We have done both  GW and PFD with success.  

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.