Regular Contributor
ccb2115

Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Hey,

So I am been trying to improve my credit and was finally able to get my college to remove a 30 day late payment on a loan from April 2011. Because I don't have access to my EXP FICO score, I wanted to know if guys think my score will increase more than my FAKO score went up. I know its extremely hard to calculate, and I am probably wasting everyone's time, but I was hoping for like a 50 pt increase since 30 day lates usually cause one's scores to drop said points. 

I checked my FAKO PLUS score, and it went from 669 to 682. I was kind of hoping for more points. Do you guys think that FICO will be a little more generous since payment history is extremely important? Thanks guys!!

My Wallet: Amex PRG, Amex ZYNC, Amex BCE: 1k, Barclays iTunes: 1.2k, Discover IT: 5k, Citi Diamond: 1.8k, Capital One Secured: 600
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

With such a recent late payment being cleared, I would imagine you would get some nice points, but I don't know if it will be 50 or so.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Regular Contributor
ccb2115

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Thanks! I just checked my Trans FICO score (which has the exact same information) and it went from 666 -> 693. I'm hoping my EXP score is similar. I have a lot more Inqs on EXP, however this trans score is reporting a util of 31% (incorectly factoring my AMEX), so hopefully the scores are similar. I really want to apply for the Zync next week. 

My Wallet: Amex PRG, Amex ZYNC, Amex BCE: 1k, Barclays iTunes: 1.2k, Discover IT: 5k, Citi Diamond: 1.8k, Capital One Secured: 600

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}