Frequent Contributor

Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Hey,

So I am been trying to improve my credit and was finally able to get my college to remove a 30 day late payment on a loan from April 2011. Because I don't have access to my EXP FICO score, I wanted to know if guys think my score will increase more than my FAKO score went up. I know its extremely hard to calculate, and I am probably wasting everyone's time, but I was hoping for like a 50 pt increase since 30 day lates usually cause one's scores to drop said points. 

I checked my FAKO PLUS score, and it went from 669 to 682. I was kind of hoping for more points. Do you guys think that FICO will be a little more generous since payment history is extremely important? Thanks guys!!

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

With such a recent late payment being cleared, I would imagine you would get some nice points, but I don't know if it will be 50 or so.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Weight of 30 Day Late: FICO vs. FAKO

Thanks! I just checked my Trans FICO score (which has the exact same information) and it went from 666 -> 693. I'm hoping my EXP score is similar. I have a lot more Inqs on EXP, however this trans score is reporting a util of 31% (incorectly factoring my AMEX), so hopefully the scores are similar. I really want to apply for the Zync next week. 

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.