Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Child Support Arrears Reporting Help Plz

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird Child Support Arrears Reporting Help Plz

So for the better part of 8 years my ex and I have been battling over past child support and what not.  There was $15,000 in direct payments the state wasn't giving credit for.

The state reports it as an Installment account TL on EXP not a public record.  Well today it was all clarified and proof of all the payments were given and arrears was set to 0.  I know FICO ignores child support when its a public record but since this is reporting as an installment account TL will I see a jump when it updates?  

When the state reports on 4/1- their usual reporting date is the 1st, will my scores actually change?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Weird Child Support Arrears Reporting Help Plz

What were the circumstances that led to your authorization for an installment loan?

A party cannot simply report a debt as an installment loan if you had no contractual obligation for installment repayments of credit.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't authorize it at all.
That's just how Indiana is reporting it to EXP.

I finally have the balance of 0 and the state told me it should be deleted. I suppose if it's not I'll have to dispute the TL vs a public record as I know they are different algorithms for scoring.

So since this is showing as installment chances are my score will change after update.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

What were the circumstances that led to your authorization for an installment loan?

A party cannot simply report a debt as an installment loan if you had no contractual obligation for installment repayments of credit.

With many states child support gets reported as a trade line quite often not because it is an installment it is probably due to improper entries to the e-oscar system.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

With many states child support gets reported as a trade line quite often not because it is an installment it is probably due to improper entries to the e-oscar system.

Now I realize just how much people on this forum know LOL..

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.