cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird inquiries from companies I don't know.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird inquiries from companies I don't know.

I saw an EQ notification come through and decided to go refresh my report and score on their site. After poking through the inquiries that don't affect my credit, I saw more than a few that I have no relationship with whatsoever. Have you all seen anything pop up on yours from places called TrueCredit, TrueLink or TrustedID? These are all within the month of July, but I haven't used any of these services ( and one of them seems to be for seniors, which I am not even marginally close to that). Another was CashEdge, also not a company I've done business with. NDs marked on true credit and true link, nothing prefaced on the other two. I've been involved in 4 of the big credit breaches last year, so I try to keep a very close eye on what is being pulled from where. 

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Weird inquiries from companies I don't know.

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw an EQ notification come through and decided to go refresh my report and score on their site. After poking through the inquiries that don't affect my credit, I saw more than a few that I have no relationship with whatsoever. Have you all seen anything pop up on yours from places called TrueCredit, TrueLink or TrustedID? These are all within the month of July, but I haven't used any of these services ( and one of them seems to be for seniors, which I am not even marginally close to that). Another was CashEdge, also not a company I've done business with. NDs marked on true credit and true link, nothing prefaced on the other two. I've been involved in 4 of the big credit breaches last year, so I try to keep a very close eye on what is being pulled from where. 

Any ideas? 

There will always be inquiries from companies you have no knowledge of in the soft section, they are being provided your info since you matched the criteria they are looking for, whether or not you ever receive an offer from them remains to be seen.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

That feels creepy to me. I get it, at least from the CC or loan type companies. Even insurance companies but companies that don't extend credit or do so to a small niche (that I don't fit into) feels weird.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it's time to opt-out. I keep dreaming that sweet credit offer is just around th corner, though! (Ok, fantasizing is closer than dreaming. I'm a long way off.)
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would not worry about it at this point in time, I get such inqs all the time and sans the stolen CC numbers off the web I have never had a problem ID wise.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work closely with cyber security. It's a waiting game with stolen info, some wait years to use it. When you've let your guard down. It's enough to make you want to wear a tin foil hat. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.