Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird inquiry

I just pulled my TU report and score from MyFico and it showed two inquiries. One of them I know where it came from, the other I have no clue. I have tried googling every combination known to man and cannot figure out what this is from.

It's listed as Nickersonre/L.Srvccorp 

Anyone have any ideas? This is really frustrating as I'm trying to clean up my CRs and have been super careful with anything that will cause a hard pull. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Weird inquiry

It's probably 

Nickerson  <---- company that pulled it

Re: L. Srvc Corp <---- which account/company it referred to

Appears to be collections. 

Message 2 of 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

L. Serv Corp (probably) = Lab Service Corporation

Think medical bill. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm...I have no idea. I have no medical bills that are outstanding and definitely nothing in collections. = 

Are collection agencies allowed to do hard pulls anyways?  

Message 4 of 6
johnsj21
Regular Contributor

Collection agencies can do hard pulls of your CR as they have permissable purpose...as long as the debt is yours they can claim permissable pupose. 
9/26/08 TU: 528 EQ: 558 EX: 560
11/7/08 TU:584 EQ:601 EX 600
7/21/09 TU:636 EQ:626
12/27/11 TU: 675 EQ:680
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@johnsj21 wrote:
Collection agencies can do hard pulls of your CR as they have permissable purpose...as long as the debt is yours they can claim permissable pupose. 

I would have to disagree.  I am among the lot that do not believe CAs EVER have PP to do a hard pull on your CR. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.