Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome To America Folks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome To America Folks

Who said credit repair would be easy? Two weeks ago i pulled my credit report and I discovered a Verizon wireless account listed on there. I was alarmed because i knew i never had an account with them and there had to be a mistake or something. So i disputed it and a fews days later I decided to called them because i want to know who open this account. So I spoke to someone in their fraud department and she instructed me on what to do to get this account closed and removed from my credit reprot. So today i went to my towns police department, oh boy I thought i walked into a circus,.know one was working, everyone in there was laughing and talking and doing everything but what my tax dollars pay them to do.  And to top that off the officer who assited me had a attitude. Needless to say i filed my police report and I ask her when will the actual police report be ready for pick up, she replied In 7 days, for a fee of $10...........  Yes $10 to receive a police report. Maybe i've been living under a rock for the past few years or something but I thought police reports were free. I guess not.

Who said credit repair was easy?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Ambular1304
Contributor

Re: Welcome To America Folks

So I'm paying my own salary because I pay taxes too, go figure! And unless you are a victim of a major crime like rape, car jacking, assult and battery, then yes you have to pay for a report. Remember since tax payers "pay our salaries" we aren't working for free. It cost money to write reports, file reports, store reports, and print reports.  I love the whole "Im responsible for your paycheck" statement, it gets me everytime!   ahh good ol laugh Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a municipal worker? Do you pay property taxes where you live? As I recall with the last property tax bill I receive it stated what my tax dollars are being used for and how paying my taxes on time help keep the village running smoothly and efficiently. That sure sounds to me like my tax dollars matters. Clearly the issue wasn’t about my tax dollars or the officers lack of professionalism but the fact that I can’t get a damn police report for free when the officer who takes the report and files it, is the same officers we pay and their not doing nothing anyway, that was my point. I don’t join these sites to entertain foolery, so this will be the end of that.

Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just a reminder 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful-2-6-14/td-...

Thanks

MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 11
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

PM me your email address and I'll Paypal you $10 OP...
FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 11
seruby
Frequent Contributor

Pretty sure the higher interest rate you'd receive from having that negative on your report would cost you much more than $10.   

For example: a 1 year $1000 loan at 11% interest = total interest of 10,004.48.  Same loan at 10.95% = total interest of $50.    Unlikely the negative will only cost a 0.05% increase in APR (or even get a rate of 11%), but even with that change, it's already more than the $10 you'd pay for your police report.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh boy. Sounds like the op is just blowing off a little steam. I am also on the phone to Harris county Clerk and it is certainly frustrating to be on hold for 30 minutes. I know that I always tell my customers "Thank You for coming today, you just paid my rent, (etc, etc, *laugh, giggle*)". Perhaps government workers should be a little more humble. It IS a customer service industry.

Message 7 of 11
Ambular1304
Contributor

Oh believe me the things I deal with to make me humble and being in a profession that I work in (which in fact is law enforcement) and I get told Im too nice to people, so I would say my customer service skills are just fine, ok so OP blows off some steam, I take a slight offense and blow of some of my steam right back, no harm no foul. If OP is that upset over paying for a report he should take it up with the city council and mayors office. Police departments dont make the rules for the city, fees, etc. And that 10 dollars isnt going to back into the police departments pocket, it goes back to the city. And if OP is upset about the way the officer treated him or the officers attitude he should take it up with that officers sergeant or the watch commander. They will investigate it. All officers have recorders in their pockets just to cover thier butts. Sorry for making anyone upset, Im proud of the work I do and still love my job even though all aspects of law enforcement get such a bad rap.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's all good!  Have many Leo friends. I know they're good peeps.  Actually had some good dealings with Harris and Galveston Counties today after all. All in a great mood. Maybe because it is Friday!  FWIW, I am also in a stressful indistry where people like to take their crap out on me when I am just transporting them from point A to point B. I didn't create their problems but I do try to take the edge off.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that i look back i'm more annoyed that it's taking a week to get a stinky ole police report back, but it's all good. I rather wait a week then have this negative collection item on my credit report for 7 years.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.