cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I'm new to this, so help me out? maybe?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm new to this, so help me out? maybe?

I've recently discovered that life can be a bit more difficult with poor credit and have decided to try to make it better. I've taken some steps towards rebuilding, but I'm not sure if I made it worse or not since I havnt seen much improvement lately. Here's what I have currently as to the best of my knowledge.

TRANSUNION:

Revolving Accounts:

Macys - Credit Card - Open 4/2015 - Current No missed payments - $19 balance $300 Limit

CreditOneBank - Credit Card - Open 10/2014 - Current No missed payments - $256 balance $400 Limit

CapitalOne QuickSilver - Credit Card - Open 2/2015 - Current No missed payments - $210 balance $800 Limit

CapitalOne  BuyPower - Credit Card - Open 4/2015 - Current No missed Payments - $166 balance $300 Limit

CapitalOne Platinum - Credit Card - Open 5/2015 - Current No missed Payments - $240 balance $500 Limit

CapitalOne - Credit Card - Open 5/2008 - Closed 5 Missed payments - $0 Balance - Settled for less than full balance

Installment Loans:

Santander - Auto Loan - Open 4/2015 - Open No missed Payments - $17,026 balance (18.05% interest rate, refinance? when?)

Inquires: 7

Collections:

Focus MGMT - Open 4/2015 - $325 Balance (Time Warner Cable not sure on original open date or statute)

EOS CCA - Open 3/2014 - $326 Balance (National Grid not sure on original open date or statue)

Public Records: 0

EQUIFAX:

all is same as TU except it has a few others

National Grid - Other - Open 9/2010 - Open Collection/Charge Off 4 missed payments - $326 Balance Charged off 12/2011

Inquiries: 14 (auto loan hit this one pretty hard apparently :\)

Collections:

FOCUS RM - same as TU Info

Public Records: 0

I think i opened too many credit cards, I missed the cut offs on the statements for my second, larger payment this past month so the balances are a little high right now, I have already made the decision to not put anything on them at all until I have them paid completely off again, I'm putting about $100-200/mo payments on each card and I pay about $500/mo towards the Santander loan as of right now - wondering if it would be worth my while to pay off the Quicksilver card and use that to pay off the collections? I'd get cashback on it as well, but I'm not sure thats a good move... is my credit report too bare? what can I do?

Thank you for any suggestions in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well, I'm new to this, so help me out? maybe?

You need to pay off some of the cards you recently opened as balances on many cards does not look good. Lots of new cards in a short time period does look bad but with time you can correct this error and I believe this is common amongst rebuilders. Do not close any for the time being as you allow them to mature and report timely payments.

Use your ability to pull your free annual credit reports to identify the fall off dates for your collections items. Attempt to negotiate PFD's. If you have already used these free pulls, you should be able to pull files on each CBR based on recent inquiries for new accounts.

I bought a car in Feb 15 with a 565 mid score (I would have waited but I blew a head gasket on my 1999 Honda). As you can guess, my interest was horrible. In May, I was able to re-fi to 5%: not great but a vast improvement compared to February.

You're on the right track and understand your errors. You'll be in good shape soon!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.