Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I screwed up! Need Some Guidance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I screwed up! Need Some Guidance

So I have been working to repair my credit for the last 8-9 Months and have made some great progress thanks to this community!  About a month ago I hired Lexington Law to help me out with a couple of derogs that I am having trouble dealing with.  Well they sent a dispute letter to EQ and TU for a student loan account that was showing a 60-90 day late, well about a month before that I had written a GW to PNC/Great Lakes and they said they would update their reporting so that it shows as a positive account.  After I got the letter back from them I immediatley called EQ and TU to cancel the dispute, well for some reason it did not work out and the account has been deleted from both of my credit reports and I want it back on there.

What steps can I take to get this account re-listed on my credit report?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Well, I screwed up! Need Some Guidance

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have been working to repair my credit for the last 8-9 Months and have made some great progress thanks to this community!  About a month ago I hired Lexington Law to help me out with a couple of derogs that I am having trouble dealing with.  Well they sent a dispute letter to EQ and TU for a student loan account that was showing a 60-90 day late, well about a month before that I had written a GW to PNC/Great Lakes and they said they would update their reporting so that it shows as a positive account.  After I got the letter back from them I immediatley called EQ and TU to cancel the dispute, well for some reason it did not work out and the account has been deleted from both of my credit reports and I want it back on there.

What steps can I take to get this account re-listed on my credit report?

This is collateral damage of disputing and an unfortunate event. The accounts are gone and there is nothing that can be done to have them put back on.

Message 2 of 5
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

Agreed. Leave as is.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave it alone. Be grateful it's no longer hurting you by reporting negative. It's much easier to apply for new accounts and gain positive TL's.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take it as a loss, next time just do what you did at first: trust you can resolve your own issues. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.