Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, that backfired badly....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well, that backfired badly....

Continue sending them. It may be against their contract, but getting a goodwill ajdustment granted IS possible. There is no way that any of the credit bureaus would know if the information was in fact legitimate. They are just trying to discourage you. If you do it enough, they will *hopefully* eventually say yes. Don't let them brush you off :-) 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well, that backfired badly....

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand why you would voluntarily pay interest that you weren't being charged?

The state of Oregon allows debt collectors to charge 8% interest. I figured I would simply put it in the offer so they would not come back with 'your debt has increased to xxx dollars'. The other debt that they found included additional interest charged. It was an attempt to shorten negotiations.

I'm with you. Id pay a few extra bucks to have something removed. What it would save me on future loans would be well worth it.

I can't get these last few to budge. One actually sent me an e-mail saying they will no longer respond to my requests or e-mails hahaha

So i'm guessing it's snail mail or calling them everyday now. Cause i will seriously go out and buy 100 stamps and mail a letter every single day. LOL

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.