Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well....that backfired

tag
ironsight
Valued Member

Well....that backfired

I sent a GW letter to Harris and Harris (CA) for an old PAID collection account.  I got a call back from them today and they told me that they looked into my account and found that they had an additional 5 accounts with their client that had not reported on my CR and that they are now going to report them.  They are about 3-4 years old, and when I asked why I didn't see them reporting, they responded with "Don't know why they haven't reported yet, but thank you for bringing them to our attention".  So now it appears that trying to GW a PAID medical collection that was due to drop off in less than a year, I have now added 5 more Collection accounts and over $2200 in unpaid balances.....

They offered to settle and said that if I PIF, they will work with the OC to not post them, but I don't have the $$$ they want for the settlement.  Any advice?  Let them post and try to PFD one by one maybe?

I am so frustrated and deflated right now...I really want to clean up my credit and be responsible with my finances, but it seems like I took a small step forward and then 5 GIANT leaps back.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Well....that backfired

I smell Bolshevik.

If they had these other five accounts, they'd be pursuing you for them already...I wouldn't sweat it.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 2 of 8
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

@ironsight wrote:

I sent a GW letter to Harris and Harris (CA) for an old PAID collection account.  I got a call back from them today and they told me that they looked into my account and found that they had an additional 5 accounts with their client that had not reported on my CR and that they are now going to report them.  They are about 3-4 years old, and when I asked why I didn't see them reporting, they responded with "Don't know why they haven't reported yet, but thank you for bringing them to our attention".  So now it appears that trying to GW a PAID medical collection that was due to drop off in less than a year, I have now added 5 more Collection accounts and over $2200 in unpaid balances.....

They offered to settle and said that if I PIF, they will work with the OC to not post them, but I don't have the $$$ they want for the settlement.  Any advice?  Let them post and try to PFD one by one maybe?

I am so frustrated and deflated right now...I really want to clean up my credit and be responsible with my finances, but it seems like I took a small step forward and then 5 GIANT leaps back.

I had the same thing happen to me with GLA Collections. I called them to do a PFD on one account and they said, "Well here's 4 other accounts we have in your name - thanks for letting us know. We're going to go ahead and report them."

I paid all the accounts over the phone and the next day they reported. They agreed to do a PFD and I have it in writing but say they don't report again until the 15th. Yay.

Keep your head up and don't give in. I've been taking 3 steps forward and two steps back for months.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 3 of 8
ironsight
Valued Member

It sounded as if they were legit accounts, they are medical accounts and she rattled off the OC and the name of the patients...(my kids)  I'm just going to have to let them report, I don't have the $$$ to PIF right now.

Message 4 of 8
xthatgamerguyx
Regular Contributor

@ironsight wrote:

It sounded as if they were legit accounts, they are medical accounts and she rattled off the OC and the name of the patients...(my kids)  I'm just going to have to let them report, I don't have the $$$ to PIF right now.

You could DV them, and dispute them with CRAs when/if they show up.

February 2012: 480 across the board (before I found this site and started working on my scores)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Scores: TU FAKO: 543 (06/16/2012) EX FAKO: 547 (06/16/2012) EQ FAKO: 528 (06/16/2012)
Current Scores:TU FICO: 639 (11/20/2012) EQ FICO: 617 (11/20/2012)
TU FAKO: 606 (8/30/2012) EX FAKO: 574 (09/04/2012) EQ FAKO: 564 (09/30/2012)
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There with you, just dv with med health and got wholloped with a 1300 collection they also 'failed' to report...they do not do pfd so I am stuck with it on my report till 20whatever. Really bummed about it too
Message 6 of 8
ironsight
Valued Member

UPDATE:

Recieved a voicemail from a VERY nice supervisor at the CA.  She informed me that she had been asked by executive management to give me a courtesy call and inform me that they had recieved my letter and are honoring my request (I had tracked down and emailed the GW letter to both the CEO and the COO).  She stated that they had already removed the old collection from all three CRA's and gave me her number to call her back with any questions.

Still haven't seen a dunning letter on the other accounts that the first lady at the CA said that she was going to collect on.  How long should I wait to pull a new FICO score and see if it was deleted?

BTW - CA was Harris and Harris LTD if anyone else needs the contact info just PM me.

Message 7 of 8
annielorie
Valued Contributor

The other accounts probably dont exist. We barage the CA with GW emails calls maybe they just say there are more accounts to discourage you from GW. IMHO I agrees with other poter sorry didnt see name , see if they show up on the reports then DV andCRA You also could contact OC or Insurance and see if something slipped through the cracks...better than coughing up 2200Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.