Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Auto

tag
angelic159
Valued Member

Wells Fargo Auto

First I would like to thank everyone for the great advice I have already received. It has helped me go from 600 to 683 as of December. This question is pertaining to my elderly(82 y/o) father. 5 years ago he was duped into consigning an auto loan for a family member, with the promise that his name would be removed from the loan in a year. Well of course the loan never made it to a year before the car was repo-ed. At this point, the car was sold and Wells Fargo pursued only him for the balance. He was able to settle, but now has a charge off on his reports. He would have immaculate credit if it were not for this account. Do you think I stand a chance at having the charge off status removed? I am not asking for them to delete the trade line or even the lates, just the status. He cannot get approved for any credit cards with this glaring negative on his reports.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Auto

I think its worth a shot. That story alone may be enough if you get the right person to help you out. Maybe GW them with some of thise circumstances included. You never know. Good luck.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 4
mariemeow77
Established Member

I had a car loan with them with several lates. Once I paid it off, I sent them a GW and they deleted the account and my score went up. I figured all they could do was tell me no; and voila!! They helped me out, so it's worth a shot! I just sent them a GW to the address on my credit report. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
angelic159
Valued Member

Thanks for the advice. I will get a goodwill mailed out tomorrow. Should I address the goodwill from my father or from myself?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.