Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Credit Card Hardship

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Credit Card Hardship

Has anyone been on a credit card hardship program with Wells Fargo?  I have but I never received any letters.  It was all done by phone and I had to close the account.

What I am wanting to know from anyone who has been on Wells Fargo Credit Card hardship is if they reported lates while on hardship or should the account be current -paid as agreed from the start date of the Hardship program.  This was late 2008 early 2009

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Card Hardship

I can't speak to WF, but from reading in here, most (if not all CCCs) will mark a late monthly during the time you are in a modification program. Basically the org. agreement was modified to where a lower payment is established. Because the original terms weren't met, they mark a late. Same applies to many auto deferments or mortgage modifications. Certainly doesn't seem fair, IMO.

Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Credit Card Hardship

I have done Hardship with citi in the past and currently am doing one on 2 of my business accounts (PNC & Barclays)  One of the reasons to do the hardship is to keep your account current, as long as you are making the new established payments on time, they will not report any delinquencies.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.