cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo GW / Dispute Nightmare!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo GW / Dispute Nightmare!!

I was denied my original GW request. They stated cant change lates because its accurate. Im sending another letter to the EO not asking them to change the lates but to delete the tradeline altogether. Im prepared to send letters every month.

I am a longstanding customer with 3 business accts and 50K in business credit with WF. Sucks they wouldnt throw me a bone.

OP - I hope your results are different. Good luck!

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have any luck with this please PM me the contact. 

I have a private student loan that they charged off:

1) I was still in school

2) They agreed to remove the chargeoff and take payments but never removed the chargeoff (I even had them on auto pay and never made a late payement). 

3) Reported it as a chargeoff every month I made a payment. 

4) Once It was paid off / Settled they still have it reported as chargeoff

5) They are reporting the chargeoff balance as astonomically higher than possible. 

I have disputed and sent letters. The latest letter was a week ago. Because the account is so innacurate and i have no collections on my CR im looking at what else I can do.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email the EO - BoardCommunications@wellsfargo. They will reply to you with a number. Also google the CEO and email
Him -- it will be an uphill battle I caution you. But fight fight fight !!!! Best of luck to you.
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also try disputing it with CFPB. That will light w fire. Dispute based on inaccurate reporting.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!

Message 15 of 19
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Goodluck! I have sent numerous disputes to boardcommunications and the CEO Email address. All denied. They are very courteous denials. Lol! You get the nice phone call saying they will be investigating and a week later you get the nice denial phone call.

I disputed it through CFPB as well. No go. Wells Fargo are hard to goodwill! Let me know if you get good news.

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 16 of 19
1Rebuilding
New Contributor

I have had so many issues with them misreporting a negative on one of my CR.  It's still listed as open on my CR even though it was discharged 6 months ago.  However, the amount owed and "past due" finally went to $0 2 months after my discharge and many complaints.  Its falling off in 5 months so I just stopped fighting it at this point.  They were polite to a point and even added the "past due" and "charge off" status after I reached out to them about it having a balance and being open when it was included in a Chapter 13.  Keep in mind my discharge took almost 6 months after I sent my last payment in.  So they added a "past due" and "charge off" status on a Chapter 13BK 4 months after the last payment was sent in.  They were the only bank to report a balance and keep my account listed as open during my Chapter 13BK.  

Discharged Chapter 13 late 5/15. Starting my rebuild:
7/28/15 Fico 8: EQ 567-Trans 534-Ex 542-----8/28/15 Fico 8: EQ 632-Trans 622-EX 625
9/25/15 Fico 8 EQ 663-Trans 634-EX 645-----12/9/15 Fico 8: EQ 673-Trans 654-EX 663
2/17/16 Fico 8: EQ 670-Trans 658-EX 676-----3/4/16 Fico 8: EQ 686-Trans 667-EX 686
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone in this thread manage to receive a goodwill adjustment from Wells Fargo?

I received 2 calls from the EO in the last week, two different people.  The first was extremely nice and simply told me there was nothing she could do.  The second was very short and quite rude and told me the same thing.  I've sent 3 rounds of GW letters out now, 6 letters in each round to 6 different mailing addresses.  I assume the letters are what's prompting the calls from the EO but I'm still not getting anywhere.

Message 18 of 19
AutoBot
Established Contributor

I have been trying GW requests to Wells Fargo Home Mortgage for about 5 months now and no success.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.