Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Goodwill Letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Goodwill Letter

The DW and I submitted a letter to Wells Fargo last week asking for some reporting forgivness/help as we try to improve our credit.  Honestly, I'm not expecting them to make any changes to our reporting but something happened today on our scorewatch reports.

On both scorewatch reports our scores shot up 50 points and it is reporting:

"Consumer disputes this account information
Real estate mortgage
Fixed rate
"

My confusion lies in the fact that I don't know if they changed the reporting of a few 30-day lates from back in early 2011 to being paid as agreed or it's simply in dispute status temporarily?  Anyone else ever experience a temporary score bump due to a dispute only to be dissapointed at a denial on a goodwill adjustment request?

Hold my breath?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Goodwill Letter

@Anonymous wrote:

The DW and I submitted a letter to Wells Fargo last week asking for some reporting forgivness/help as we try to improve our credit.  Honestly, I'm not expecting them to make any changes to our reporting but something happened today on our scorewatch reports.

Real estate mortgage
Fixed rate
"

My confusion lies in the fact that I don't know if they changed the reporting of a few 30-day lates from back in early 2011 to being paid as agreed or it's simply in dispute status temporarily?  Anyone else ever experience a temporary score bump due to a dispute only to be dissapointed at a denial on a goodwill adjustment request?

Hold my breath?

HI there.

Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

Message 2 of 6
Rems
New Visitor

Hi, 

I'm in the process of mailing out my letter today. Please keep me posted, I would love to know if they gave you the adjustments you are looking for. Your good news would definitely be an inspiration to me. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Do you have an update of your GW? Thank's.

Message 4 of 6
creditballer
Regular Contributor

I just sent my letter last week and called and Wells said I should hear from them by Jan 17. Holding my breath. Had 5 lates due to loan mod. Current over a 13 mos now....pls update you results..thx

@Anonymous wrote:

Real estate mortgage
Fixed rate
"

Hold my breath?

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 5 of 6
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Wells updated pre-foreclosure (PF) to (ND) no data reporting and I still have 4 lates...but I did get a + bump in my score about 30 pts. I'm still faxing letters ever few weeks till they show the other baddies as ND or OK....Experian still shows as a Neg account on CR. However, USAA credit monitoring..shows no negative accounts...crazy!

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.