Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

Hi!

Has anyone had any luck with removing 30 day lates with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage?  If so, please share your story / information.

Thanks in advance.

Rhea

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Home Mortgage

If the 30 day lates are legitimate, then I believe it is against forum rules to discuss removal/deletion of accurate information.
Message 2 of 22
203bravo
Established Contributor

Have you surfed the mortgage threads to see if anyone has had any GW success with them?
Message 3 of 22
marty56
Super Contributor

@Lel wrote:
If the 30 day lates are legitimate, then I believe it is against forum rules to discuss removal/deletion of accurate information.

I would send them a GW letter.  Lots of information here in doing so.  They may not do it but it wont hurt to try.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not had experience getting lates removed from mortgages loans (because I don't have a mortgage loan), but I have had recent success getting them removed from a credit card on all three bureaus.  I wrote a goodwill letter to the card company.  My advice is to research on the internet and locate the physical work address of the highest ranking person available.  Compose an honest letter asking them to remove the lates because you are trying to improve your score, get a mortgage, etc.  If you have had a 4 to 6 month history of paying on time AFTER the one 30 day late, you are likely to be successful.  Don't try to call, just compose an honest, respectful letter.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:

I haven't been here in a while; but, I am "well aware" of forum rules and would not have posted such a question under those circumstances.  But, THANK YOU Lel, for your concern.
Message 7 of 22
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

It's also highly possible that I don't understand the rules correctly.
Message 8 of 22
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Lel wrote:

Talk of removing lates is permissible if in the context of a mutual agreement between creditor and yourself via a GW as an example. You'd ask for some goodwill for past mistakes. Also talk of removing lates is allowed if the late was incorrectly reported and you can back that statement up. What is not allowed is engaging in unethical or illegal behavior to remove legit lates via lying to the CRAs or to the creditor or using a credit repair service.

Message 9 of 22
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@llecs wrote:

@Lel wrote:

Talk of removing lates is permissible if in the context of a mutual agreement between creditor and yourself via a GW as an example. You'd ask for some goodwill for past mistakes. Also talk of removing lates is allowed if the late was incorrectly reported and you can back that statement up. What is not allowed is engaging in unethical or illegal behavior to remove legit lates via lying to the CRAs or to the creditor or using a credit repair service.

That's what I was thinking about.  I think people have gotten into trouble here when they ask about disputing legitimate information on the credit report.  The GW approach - which I assume includes acknowledgement of one's own fault - is a common (and often successful) practice that is advocated by many.

Thanks for the clairification.

See, FHRhea?  I told you that I could be wrong, and I was!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.