Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Recon question

tag
myesha87
Contributor

Wells Fargo Recon question

I recently applied for a Wells Fargo CC and I tried to refinance my auto loan through them.  My application was denied and the reason was because of a recent collection.  I called and the rep told me that I had 60 to get the item cleaned up and that I could call them back.  Fast forward 45 days the item has been removed, I called WF today and was told that I would have to get another hard pull to be reconsidered.  I just want to get some input before I do anything. I dont want to do this and I shouldn't.  I was under the impression that it would be a soft pull the 2nd time around.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Wells Fargo Recon question

@myesha87 wrote:

I recently applied for a Wells Fargo CC and I tried to refinance my auto loan through them.  My application was denied and the reason was because of a recent collection.  I called and the rep told me that I had 60 to get the item cleaned up and that I could call them back.  Fast forward 45 days the item has been removed, I called WF today and was told that I would have to get another hard pull to be reconsidered.  I just want to get some input before I do anything. I dont want to do this and I shouldn't.  I was under the impression that it would be a soft pull the 2nd time around.

No, recons would be another HP. If you dont want the loans then dont go through with it. Personally I think you could do better with an auto loan from a CU.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.