Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo dealer services 30 day late

tag
hoff33
New Contributor

Wells Fargo dealer services 30 day late

I have two 30 day lates reporting for my car loan. 3/2013 and 2/2014. I never actually missed a payment. Have sent 3 letters and bank statements asking them to remove them. No luck. Just send a letter back saying "verified no change"

I was paying $3 a month less then my bill was unknown to me. So my past due was $27 :-/

No one on the phone can help, say I have to send letters. Would a GW letter help? I really think these two lates are hurting my score.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Wells Fargo dealer services 30 day late

@hoff33 wrote:
I have two 30 day lates reporting for my car loan. 3/2013 and 2/2014. I never actually missed a payment. Have sent 3 letters and bank statements asking them to remove them. No luck. Just send a letter back saying "verified no change"

I was paying $3 a month less then my bill was unknown to me. So my past due was $27 :-/

No one on the phone can help, say I have to send letters. Would a GW letter help? I really think these two lates are hurting my score.

Thanks!

I'd recommend the GW route, but luckily they're only 30 day lates, which won't be doing much to your score after a year or so.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

30 day lates sting hard at first.  They lose a large amount of that sting after 1 year and pretty much don't factor in after 2.  That one is pretty recent so it's hurting a bit.  Write them a GW stating the facts.  Be friendly and cooperative.  See what they say.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 10
hoff33
New Contributor

Thanks! I'll try another letter and be very nice. Maybe just ask for the most recent one to be deleted?
Message 4 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Ask for both, settle for the newest one.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 10
psjhvac79
New Contributor

Hells Fargo is the worst! I'm fighting with the too. GL.
Message 6 of 10
hoff33
New Contributor

Just wanted to update here as well. I got in touch with a high up at WFDS. Found him on LinkedIn. Emailed him a very nice email explaining the situation. He emailed me back within an hour! This was last Sunday night. He promised he would pass my info to the right people to see what they could do.

Monday afternoon I got a call from the manager of the branch who holds my loan (didn't know it was different for each branch). Told me he had his collection manager looking into my account. He was nice but didn't really tell me what would happen. Chris (collection manager) called me wed evening and told me he was very sorry for taking so long to get in touch with me, and that he was correcting the two late payments no later then friday!!!

I took him and the branch manager coffee on Friday. I am soooo excited to see what kind of score boost I will get from this. So my advice, stalk on LinkedIn, hahaha, and just email, call and write letters. I'll be sending the high up from LinkedIn a nice letter and Starbucks gift card. A little kindess goes a long way :-)
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I tried exactly what you did.  Tried to get a hold of a "higher up" and even tried to look up their info on Linked but it didn't provide an email address. I am currently trying to pre-qualify for a new home and since my (1 - 30 day late) payment is so recent it is affecting my credit immensely.  Can you please provide me with the gentlemen's name and email or direct me to where I can find them? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!!! ~ Vienna

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can email me privately if you wish ~ModCut~ thank you soo much!!!

~edited to remove personal information, ~pizzadude, myFICO Mod

Message 9 of 10
theheater30
Contributor

Hi! Can you please send me the info you used??

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.