cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo removed all lates off equifax!!!!

tag
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo removed all lates off equifax!!!!

I had a Wells Fargo credit card that I opened in 2013 and I fell behind on payments early in 2014. I had 13 late payments reported on my credit so I asked if those could be removed and Wells Fargo told me to dispute with the credit bureaus and they removed 3 lates the first time. I again contacted Wells Fargo and ask them again and reminded them what the other rep told me. I actually had 2 reps tell me all lates would be removed after the account was paid off. I paid the account off in December. They told me to dispute again so this time all payment history was deleted from equifax. I'm happy even though I lost the payment history all the lates are gone. The account went back to a positive standing. I still have to get the lates removed from the other 2 bureaus. Only have 6 negatives left which most will have to fall off on their own.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo removed all lates off equifax!!!!

That's amazing. Do you have the number that you used to contact them? I have a paid co with them with lates as well.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.  Keep up the good work.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

I just called the regular customer service number. thanks

Message 4 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice to see!!!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. Now only if they were that nice to me lol
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.