Established Member
Matisyahu

Wells Fargo repo. PFD advice needed.

I live in washington st here the SOL is 6 yrs. I had a repo from wells Fargofinancial in June of 2008 I owed about 15,000 on the vehicle. Now my balance is $23,700 they sent me a settlement offer a while back I don't remember the exact amount but I believe it was in the $6,000-$7,000 range. I did not respond to it.They are aggressively reporting it,to all three bureaus. And it's killing my fico. My question is have any of you done PFD letters with wff? And if so what is a good version of the letter for them awe'll as a fair offer? I don't like the idea of paying it but with this size of debt they will likely just continue to find ways torenew the debt avoiding the statute of limitations..

Valued Contributor
madmann26

Re: Wells Fargo repo. PFD advice needed.

What is the DoFD? This is what determines the drop off date.

Starting Score: EQ 511 TU 552 EX 545 8/29/2012
Current Score: TU 705|EQ 690|EXP 698 (FICO)
What's in my wallet? Cap1 PLAT AU $1.25k; Cap1 Cash AU $2k; NFCU Siggy $23k; $4k WalMart DC; CFNA Firestone $2.2k; Amazon $2.1k; NFCU Cash Rewards $22K; AMEX BCE $18k; NavCheck $15k; Lowe's $10k; Citi DP $6.3k; AMEX ED $8.5k; Chase Freedom $4.5k
Goal Score: 700 across the board.
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
My Journey
Established Member
Matisyahu

Re: Wells Fargo repo. PFD advice needed.

Is DOFD the very first delinquency on the account? Also i am unsure of the date. Possibly 1- 1.5 years prior to the repo in june of 2008. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}