cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo said i had to many inquiries within the past year.?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo said i had to many inquiries within the past year.?

I have been with Wells Fargo for 20 years and have a Visa with a $7500.00 limit, American Express Business Gold card , AMX green  card and a new 15 Silverado in my name at 3,24%. I wanted to add a line of credit (3,000) to my file just to boost it. The last remaining charge off items will be off my credit by December this year and there will be no more negative items on any of my reports. They denied it due to "several delinquent accounts ( ones coming off in december) and they said to many inquiries on my credit report within 1 year. How do I have the inquiry hard pulls removed from my file. I actually diisputed them in June by calling each creditor who ran it and some removed it others said I authorized the pull and would not. So, is there anything I can do to clear these inquiries from my file. Thanks BTW. my FICO scores are as follows Transunion is 718 , Experian 733, Equifax 714. thank you...... I started in 2011 rebuilding my credit from a divorce and was a 495. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo said i had to many inquiries within the past year.?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been with Wells Fargo for 20 years and have a Visa with a $7500.00 limit, American Express Business Gold card , AMX green  card and a new 15 Silverado in my name at 3,24%. I wanted to add a line of credit (3,000) to my file just to boost it. The last remaining charge off items will be off my credit by December this year and there will be no more negative items on any of my reports. They denied it due to "several delinquent accounts ( ones coming off in december) and they said to many inquiries on my credit report within 1 year. How do I have the inquiry hard pulls removed from my file. I actually diisputed them in June by calling each creditor who ran it and some removed it others said I authorized the pull and would not. So, is there anything I can do to clear these inquiries from my file. Thanks BTW. my FICO scores are as follows Transunion is 718 , Experian 733, Equifax 714. thank you...... I started in 2011 rebuilding my credit from a divorce and was a 495. 

Wells Fargo can go suck eggs.  They are the worst lender in America.

Go to a credit union.  They will aprove you.  If you can get into Navy, they are great, but most credit unions are pretty swell.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I concur with Ch7.  You know what?  You're rocking over 700, 20yr relationship, and have proven yourself by rebuilding.

if you want another lender now, before Jan 2016, room for CRA to update of course, take those good looking scores and seek another. 

Imo. Totally agree.  I believe in relationships building and this outsider sees them pooing on 20yrs. Your INQ are from the new car I assume, which I assume that you shopped around for a good deal which caused INQ. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the inquires are from my new car and it was in April . I have my business accounts with them as well and run 100k a month through there bank and this is extremely frustrating.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be frustrated.  Car shopping INQ should be lumped together as one if spaced within a short time period.  

Dueces to to them and seek other institutions IMO 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take your business elsewhere or at least look for an entity that will value your 20 year relationship. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good advice and I should. Thank you all for responding , I am appreciative of the fine members of this board.. Thanks again

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes the inquires are from my new car and it was in April . I have my business accounts with them as well and run 100k a month through there bank and this is extremely frustrating.

Banking relationships are way overrated. $100K monthly is nothing. Even running millions through, even when paying boatloads of fees, often doesn't seem to matter. Many small banks / credit unions often aren't all that loyal either. It's not they don't want to be, but often are constrained by various regulations, such as, fairness in lending practices along with overall bureaucracy (most employees working in a bank / cu these days are little more than drones; the "computer" dictates much of what's allowed and how tasks are to be performed). But I digress.

In my view, skip the loan. The boost isn't worth the hassles. However, if determined to open such a credit line, go with a credit union. I think it's DCU (someone correct me, if mistaken) allows one to take out a loan using their savings account, low as ~$500, as collateral. The monthly payments are tiny, and the total loan cost is nominal.

With that said, to reiterate, such a loan will have little scoring effect. The biggest boost in your score will come when the last CO falls off. You can easily get into the high 700s without an installment loan. While having a wide mix of accounts is helpful, having just credit cards and a car loan and/or mortgage is sufficient...

Finally, scores above mid 700s have little additional effect in the real world other than adding some extra buffering for inquiries, more accounts, high utilization, etc.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.