Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wellsfargo help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wellsfargo help

Today I get a call from wellsfargo about my complaint to the BBB I made. So now I need some help on how to go about this.
She called today and let me know that my complaint has been assigned to someone. I briefly explained to her how wellsfargo has kept raising the CO date and the debt has been satisfied in full. I did briefly explain to her the situation also. She said I'd receive something in writing in 10 days and if I had any questions to contract this other person.

So my question about going about this, is should I make first contact with this person before I receive a letter and explain the situation and try to basically GW it right over the phone? Or let her make contact with me first.

The story is I had some work done on the house (12,000) I got a deal at 5 yrs 0% interest. I agreed to the deal. So the guy who was to do the work said if I didn't sign the paper work right then I'd miss out of the deal. But informed me I wouldn't have to make any payments until the work was completed.
Well a year later I'm getting sued by Wells Fargo. I call them and they basically tell me I'm SOL. My contract is between them and I and its not there fault they never installed the furnace and AC. That's between them and me. They demanded the money. I said what did I pay for? I paid 12,000 for nothing?? She said not my problem. So I was sued.
I didn't even bother going to court so my checks were garnished, the ruffly took the 12k over a 10mo period. Not a big deal I didn't really care at the time. I was still pissed I didn't have my furnace and AC. So they were paid off in full. Even in 2015 the work isn't still completed. It's installed but a lot of things not done. I've since sold the house. Now I just want it off my credit.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wellsfargo help

This was in 2012
Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If the CO is paid they should not be updating it per the CRA operations manual. It is highly doubtful they will completely remove the CO but if I were you I would be consulting a lawyer to see what recourse you may have to recover said funds if the SOL has not yet expired.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.
They updated it until April 2014. So almost 2 years after. The first DOFD was sept of 2012.
They didn't update it until recently and I have no idea why. I go see my lawyer on Saturday to vacate the judgement. He said it's easy to
Do. He just has to reopen the case. Blah blah but said no problem in getting it done.
Maybe I'll bring this up to him then. I really don't care about the money. I'd be happier with it off my credit.
I'm just wondering if they admit to their mistake and only offer to correct it. The damage was done.
I don't know if I should speak to this lady first and see how it goes or just wait it out for the letter in 10 days.
Message 4 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
They updated it until April 2014. So almost 2 years after. The first DOFD was sept of 2012.
They didn't update it until recently and I have no idea why. I go see my lawyer on Saturday to vacate the judgement. He said it's easy to
Do. He just has to reopen the case. Blah blah but said no problem in getting it done.
Maybe I'll bring this up to him then. I really don't care about the money. I'd be happier with it off my credit.
I'm just wondering if they admit to their mistake and only offer to correct it. The damage was done.
I don't know if I should speak to this lady first and see how it goes or just wait it out for the letter in 10 days.

The DoFD is not the same as the status date. DoFD is a set in stone date that cannot be changed once its set. Updating the CO brings the status date current and that is what Fico looks at as far as age so it looks like the CO just happened and your score cannot recover until it stops updaiting or its removed from your CR. If you are referring to a judgment and not an actual CO then it doesnt matter what the status date is it would be the fact that the PR is being reported paid or unpaid that matters. Yes by all means get the judgment vacated if you can then its gone from your CRs.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for responding gdale6
There's the CO and the judgment. The CO was in 2012. And recently moved the CO to 2014.
The judgment was because of the charge off was paid back in 2013 in full. I'm working on getting the judgment vacated. That's what's I'm meeting my lawyer for on Saturday. Just the judgment. Trying to work with Wells Fargo on my own to get the to either delete of fix the CO back to 2012.
Reaging the CO looked bad because it brought it more current.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.